topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Easy Screencast Recorder - v1.17.01 - May 31, 2017  (Read 245931 times)

Kopejkin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
LATEST VERSION Easy Screencast Recorder v1.17.01...
....New official version is uploaded.

2017-06-02_211735.png

????????????

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member

SodoNim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hmn, after quite a bit of hassle trying to figure out how to make a donation I'll just post here.

Long time user of Screenshot Captor and quite a few false starts on how to use/set up Easy Screencast Recorder, I finally pushed through actually installing the codecs! Thank you mouser!

However, one of the posters above mentioned using the CamStudio lossless codec; I'll be primarily doing recordings of UI automated tests running for demo purposes.  No audio needed.  Does ESR have a way to specify/configure additional codecs? i.e the CamStudio lossless one.  I am curious to try it.

Also, tangential, but setting up the micro-donations thing...PayPal always takes a cut? Even if bypassing them and using the Debit/Credit option instead?

In advance, thank you mouser!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
quite a few false starts on how to use/set up Easy Screencast Recorder,

In a long history of bad naming decisions, calling this one "Easy" was probably my biggest mistake.  The codec configuration pain really makes it confusing.  A better name would be "Confusing Codecs Screencast Recorder" (CCSR).  I must admit they confuse the hell out of me...

Does ESR have a way to specify/configure additional codecs? i.e the CamStudio lossless one.
Well that's the one thing that ESR *is* good at, letting you choose and configure whatever codec you want to us.

Also, tangential, but setting up the micro-donations thing...PayPal always takes a cut? Even if bypassing them and using the Debit/Credit option instead?

In this world, everyone takes their cut if you pay by credit card..  PayPal isn't so bad though, they don't take that much.. To avoid paypal/middlemen you can always send cash (or cookies) in an envelope to the address listed on the contact page, or bitcoin.  The only problem with bitcoin is that I've never figured out how to cash out, so any bitcoin donations will probably just stay in a virtual wallet forever..