topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - Easy Screencast Recorder - v1.17.01 - May 31, 2017  (Read 245958 times)

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the explanation.

Is it far off to say then that for a given source (image, video, audio clip), sampling is a process of creating a set of components (samples) which can later be assembled to create something akin to the original source?
Yes, that's basically what it is. The other important point to remember is that the samples do not contain the entirety of the original.

Where it gets more complicated is audio sampling. In video what's displayed are the samples themselves, In audio (assuming we're talking about lossless aka LPCM) the samples are merely numbers which can be transformed back into a (theoretically) perfect copy of the original waveform based on the Nyquist-Shannon Sampling Theorem.
I learned to say the pledge of allegiance
Before they beat me bloody down at the station
They haven't got a word out of me since
I got a billion years probation
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the clarification.

tunayx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Easy Screencast Recorder is exactly what I need  :Thmbsup:

I have XP Sp3 and got a problem: The codec I choose and all sound related settings can't be remembered by the app on next launch?  :tellme:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
They should be remembered.  Are you using the portable version or installer version?  If you exit the program after changing the settings (rather than reboot), is it still forgetting your settings?  Is it forgetting ALL settings or just some?

tunayx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I tried both version. The rest of the all settings remembered correctly. Without reboot (just relaunch) makes the problem.

By the way portable version adds registr entries like LastClipPlayed,_LastTVInputType etc to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Datastead\TVideoGrabber.EasyScreencastRecorder\Global

Here's my ini file:

Spoiler
[MainForm.rsPropSaver]
acEditIdentifier.Text="capture"
CheckBox_CaptureAudio.Checked="true"
ComboBoxSelectionTypeString="Entire Screen"
FormPlacement="0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,323,125,718,374"
LastManuallySetAudioDevice="Realtek HD Audio Input"
LastManuallySetAudioFormat="44100 Hz, 16-bit Stereo"
LastManuallySetAudioInput=
LastManuallySetMultiplexer="AVI"
LastManuallySetVideoCompressor="Xvid MPEG-4 Codec"
LastManuallySet_NewRecordingsDir="C:\"
LastVideoFile="C:\capture 0023.avi"
MRUFiles.pFFiles=
RegionBottom=421
RegionLeft=239
RegionRight=561
RegionTop=179
WasPreviewFormVisible=False

[OptionsForm.rsPropSaver]
acEditCodecOverideFilename.Text=
acNumberEditCompressionDataRate.Value=0
acNumberEditCountdownStart.Value=0
acNumberEditCurrentRecNum.Value=23
acNumberEditFrameRate.Value=15
acNumberEditMaxSizeMb.Value=30
CheckBoxCloseToTray.Checked="false"
CheckBoxDisableHooks.Checked="true"
CheckBoxFirstMinimize.Checked="true"
CheckBoxFirstUse.Checked="true"
CheckBoxKeepPreviewOnTop.Checked="false"
CheckBoxPreloadVideos.Checked="false"
CheckBoxStartMinimized.Checked="false"
CheckBoxStartPlayingOnOpen.Checked="false"
CheckBoxStartWindows.Checked="false"
CheckBoxSwitchPreviewAfterCapture.Checked="false"
CheckBox_AutoRedbox_OnChangeSelectionType.Checked="true"
CheckBox_AutoRedbox_OnProgramStart.Checked="false"
CheckBox_CaptureCursor.Checked="true"
CheckBox_DisplayVidLabel.Checked="true"
CheckBox_NoRegionBoxMoveable.Checked="false"
CheckBox_PreInitializeAndHoldRecording.Checked="false"
CheckBox_RecordTweakCaptureLayered.Checked="true"
CheckBox_RecordTweakCaptureThroughClipboard.Checked="false"
CheckBox_StartRecordingDontWaitCountdown.Checked="true"
CheckBox_UseCustomMultiplexer.Checked="false"
ComboBoxAfterCaptureSelection.ItemIndex=0
ComboBoxCompressionMode.ItemIndex=1
ComboBoxCompressionType.ItemIndex=0
ComboBoxRecordingFilenameTemplate_Video.Text="capture %num%"
ComboBoxRecordingType.ItemIndex=0
ComboBox_AudioCompressor.Text=
ComboBox_AudioRecordMode.ItemIndex=1
EditLastVersion.Text="1.09.01"
FormPlacement="0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,81,41,721,528"
HotKeyCapture.HotKey=112
MemoPresetRegions.Lines=text:"160x120$0D$0A320x240$0D$0AYoutube Wide: 640x360$0D$0AStandard: 640x480$0D$0A800x600$0D$0AHD: 1280x720$0D$0A"
SpinEditCompressionQuality.Value=0
TrackBarAudioRecordLevel.Position=0

[Preview]
FormPlacement="0,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,375,300,770,425"
MenuItem_Zoom_OriginalSize.Checked="true"
MenuItem_Zoom_PreserveAspect.Checked="false"
MenuItem_Zoom_Stretch.Checked="false"
MRUFiles.pFFiles=text:"C:\capture 0023.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0022.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0021.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0020.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0019.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0018.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0013.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0012.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0011.avi$0D$0AC:\capture 0010.avi$0D$0A"

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:20 PM by tunayx »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok i'll have a look -- there is no reason it shouldn't be saving codec settings but perhaps i messed up somewhere.

tunayx

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quick note; it also doesn't remember audio input device & audio recording format.

boombuia

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Just found this software, and I tried to download the latest portable version (zip file), but twice already the download stopped after about 850kB.

So I downloaded it from http://download.cnet...3633_4-75886022.html and it worked OK.

Now, when I do a full screen capture, the countdown window stays on top displaying "1", even after the recording starts - cannot find an option related to this?

I am running it on Windows 8.1 Preview.

Ideas...?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone else seeing this issue where the countdown window stays showing "1"?
I don't doubt you I just wouldn't have even thought that was possible!

I wonder if there isn't some combination of options I haven't tested that is causing that..
Is it reliable? Does it always happen that way or only rarely and randomly?

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Just found this software, and I tried to download the latest portable version (zip file), but twice already the download stopped after about 850kB.

So I downloaded it from http://download.cnet...3633_4-75886022.html and it worked OK.

Now, when I do a full screen capture, the countdown window stays on top displaying "1", even after the recording starts - cannot find an option related to this?

I am running it on Windows 8.1 Preview.

Ideas...?

It seems to work fine on my Windows 7. I don't have Windows 8 installed at the moment and probably wouldn't have 8.1 installed in any case.

What happens if you set Compression Type (Options -> Video Settings) to Video Only?

Assuming it does the same thing can you post screenshots of all the Video Settings and Audio Settings screens from Options? I may be able to help figure it out if I have that as a baseline.
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

boombuia

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

Well, it is happening every time for me.

I don't think I've tweaked the settings much, either. I am capturing the entire screen (main one) on my Win 8.1 laptop.

I will try and upload a video of the whole thing for you to peruse, hopefully it'll help you figure out what's wrong! didn't capture the cursor, but you''ll figure it out... and sorry about its quality, I don't have the right tools at the moment.

Oh, and I've tried with and without Audio, same deal.

I will try and help you as much as I can, just let me know.

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What I was actually looking for was still images. I tried looking at your video file anyway but my computer doesn't seem to think there's anything in it. That's okay. We can give this a try first.

What we need to do to get a sort of baseline is try out the simplest type of capture. That means going to the Video Settings and use the following settings:

Recording File Type: AVI
Compression Mode: Compress on the fly
Video Codec Engine: DV Video Encoder
Compression Type: Video Only

If for some reason you don't have that option listed switch to these settings:

Recording File Type: AVI
Compression Mode: No Compression
Compression Type: Video Only

Try your capture. Just a couple seconds should be fine (especially uncompressed - it makes big files). Let me know if you still have the problem and we'll take it from there. If you get it with DV Compression you might want to go ahead and try Uncompressed first but it will probably give you the same result.
- The MC5

- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

boombuia

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I can't select AVI as Recording File Type. I've been using ASF/WMV9 (pointed as Recommended Choice).

Only 2 other settings available, Compression Quality and Rec. Data Rate, both set to 0 (default values).

What am I missing?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Send me your EasyScreencastRecorder.ini file to [email protected] so I can see what other options you have set.
(Or post screenshots of all your options tabs.)

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser

Something you might want to put on your to-do list is a button to generate a text file with all the video/audio/container settings. Or even better maybe just send it to the clipboard with some UBB formatting to post it here.
- The MC5

- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

Kopejkin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Greetings.
In program "Easy Screencast Recorder" (1.09.01) I found some bugs.
In the "Help" menu [Help -> Visit program Homepage] instead of the home page DonationCoder.com open it the page to a forum of this program.
In the "Help" menu [Help -> Visit program Forum] instead of the page in the forum opens error page 404.
In the window "About"  [About - Program Website] instead of the page DonationCoder.com opens error page 404.

In capture mode "Entire Screen" does not hide the banner timer.

I wanted to translate the program interface into Russian. This translation is perfectly possible to make a safe manner, using the resource library with the extension *. RUS. But the translation in this way is incomplete. Can you in future editions of the program some elements of the interface and the messages program, moved of the hard-coded strings in the resources of the program - RT_STRINGS or RT_RSDATA?

(windows 7 ultimate, (x64), russian)
Sorry for bad English.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Has anyone succeeded in capturing audio while running ESR in a VirtualBox guest OS?

I've tried a few set ups without much success (host OS W7 Pro, host OS Arch Linux, guest OS XP Pro, guest OS W7 Pro).  Video gets captured FWIW.  After noticing no audio during playback I tried tweaking the audio settings in ESR (just chose non-blank values) and re-recorded but seemingly still no audio.

Would it help at all to post specific settings?

Exhaust

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Have been using Easy Screencast Recorder now for several months now and love it. All of the recordings to date have been ASF. But I would like to use FLV (flash video) format now to embedded them into documents, but have not been successful in get the right codecs selected. Could someone share with me the video settings I should be using to get flash to work?  Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome, Exhaust!  :up:

I'm glad to hear you are finding the program useful.  I keep meaning to do another round of work on it -- I think with some additional work simplifying output options and adding some conversions for youtube, and web page hosting, it could be a lot more useful.

Unfortunately I have little experience with FLV format so I don't have much guidance to offer -- in truth the different output format stuff is mostly a mystery to me.

Could you provide a little more information on how you are interested in embedding the video and into what kinds of documents?

Have you had success in embedding other video videos into such documents?

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I used Easy Screencast Recorder yesterday to "watch" a program being used so I could compare what was being done onscreen to what happened behind the scenes.

Worked brilliantly. (Capturing a VNC window -- I wondered before trying it if it'd work at all and was delighted to find that it was completely fine with it.)

However... I used the preferred / default settings, which means that I have a .ASF video. And the first six minutes of it is filled with irrelevant stuff I'd quite like to delete. (If you're squeamish, you'd probably rather not know that the bit I don't want to keep contains photographs of the insides of someone's lower intestine. Oh. Sorry. Too late. :-[ )

The easiest answer, particularly given the starting file format, seemed to be Microsoft Movie Maker. Impressively, it carved the video up into sort of chapters -- presumably on the basis of what appeared to be going on onscreen -- so I could delete the colonic bits wholesale. And I could even add titles and credits. Gosh.

Only thing was, when it came to saving the amendments, the quality had dropped through the floor. Most of the onscreen text wasn't readable anymore. This despite the fact that the filesize had gone from under 4Mb to over 17.  :o

Presumably MovieMaker re-encoded the output using something completely inappropriate. (I can spell "codec" on a good day but -- even having read Vurbal's brilliant explanation above -- trust me, I'm definitely drowning rather than waving!) There don't seem to be any useful options to tweak quality or active codec or anything...

So... does this apparently simple thing (remove the first 6:22 of an .ASF file) require me to install a zillion new programs, spend a couple of hundred dollars, face due north with a pencil up one nostril and recite poetry to appease the gods? Or am I missing something somewhere? :)
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

Happy Expat

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey Vurbal,
If anybody ever accused you of being a "Gentleman and a Scholar" - you should take their word for it :-)
If you're thinking of trying something make sure you do it at least twice - then you're almost an expert

azcn2503

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello :)

I am getting an issue with this software - it doesn't close the countdown box when the recording begins, so everything I record has a big 1 in the middle of the screen! I've tried looking through the options to see if this was a configuration of some sort but couldn't seem to fix the problem. I did try ticking the box that makes the recording start instantly, but the countdown box still appears.

I can provide logs and system details if needed.

Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome to the site azcn!

Let me look into it this weekend and try to see what could be causing it -- I might ask you to try a beta version if you don't mind.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It's been so long since I worked on ESR -- here is a minor update to fix a bug with recording large videos; i'm not sure if i've fixed the thing with the countdown timer still being shown -- let me know.
There are still a lot of rough edges on this tool -- I'd like to get it minimally usable..

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the update J.

Last week or so I used ESR and it worked very well  :Thmbsup: