ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion dollars. Star Wars Ep VII due in 2015

<< < (13/15) > >>

Renegade:
With The Blair Witch, the *way* the film was done was original - *THAT* made the movie. Otherwise, it would just have been yet another horror. Sure, maybe just a variation, but done with style~! :D

Renegade:
Oh - Man Bites Dog - Good film. ;) One of the early "documentary" fictions.

wraith808:
That's what I meant by my disclaimer above about the perspective of the story being about Anakin's rise, fall, and redemption. Just one take on it. It just seems, to me anyways, to be the main theme all across eps 1-6. Nothing else really come close (as I can see) - Anakin is the driving force for the story. I'm sure other people get other things out of it -- and that's one of the great things about good art - we can take different things from it.
-Renegade (November 05, 2012, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know we can take different views on art, but there's views, and there's the creator's view/vision.  Sort of like Fahrenheit 451 and Bradbury's meaning.  Not that I think it's bad to interpret- just the opposite, I think.  But one has to be careful, because one can easily pigeonhole a story by your own understandings and preconceptions.

@Ren - I think I'll stick with Kate. I want somebody that can teach me something I don't already know. I no longer have the patience to break in young amateurs.
-40hz (November 05, 2012, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Funny thing... they're only two years apart in age.  ;D

40hz:
With The Blair Witch, the *way* the film was done was original - *THAT* made the movie. Otherwise, it would just have been yet another horror. Sure, maybe just a variation, but done with style~! :D
-Renegade (November 05, 2012, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you liked Blair Witch, be sure to check out Lovely Molly. It's by the same producers and it explores some similar themes.

When newlywed Molly Reynolds returns to her long-abandoned family home, frightful reminders of a nightmarish childhood begin seeping into her new life. She soon begins an inexorable descent into an evil that blurs the lines between psychosis and possession.
--- End quote ---

Cool website too. Very effective presentation of supplemental materials. Sample link here.
 :Thmbsup:

But for real horror (if you really like horror) check out either Sinister or Session 9. :Thmbsup:

40hz:
@Ren - I think I'll stick with Kate. I want somebody that can teach me something I don't already know. I no longer have the patience to break in young amateurs.
-40hz (November 05, 2012, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Funny thing... they're only two years apart in age.  ;D
-wraith808 (November 05, 2012, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

But decades apart in every other way from what I can see or (more likely) just imagine.

So hush Wraith! :P Don't ruin a good fantasy for me. She's mine I tell you! Go dream up your own;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version