ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion dollars. Star Wars Ep VII due in 2015

<< < (3/15) > >>

rgdot:
Hayden Christiansen is actually a decent actor- don't take the Star Wars movies as indicative of what any of the actors can do.  Any of them that managed to bring any level of characterization to the roles did that in spite of his clunky dialog and inept direction, not because of the same.  Natalie Portman and Liam Neeson are both great actors also, and suffered from the same.
-wraith808 (October 31, 2012, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's probably not fair that I base it on Star Wars and one other movie but based on those I disagree. For example when he is telling Padme to not believe the lies it seems so forced and unnatural, he couldn't even pull that off in my opinion. Similarly when he left Padme to go find his mother.

I find your lack of faith, disturbing...
-Renegade (October 31, 2012, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D   :P

Edvard:
Oblig:

J-Mac:
Lucas declared that there would never be any more Star Wars episodes back in 1997.

In August 1999, at a press conference in New York City to discuss The Phantom Menace, Lucas was categorical. The following exchange at the press conference was reported by Starlog magazine:

Q: Does that mean you won't do Episodes VII, VIII and IX?

Lucas: I will not do VII, VIII and IX.

Q: You will not? Will they be made by somebody else?

Lucas: No. They will not.

Q: So this trilogy ends it?

Lucas: This is it. This is all there is.

--- End quote ---

Also...

In an interview published in Total Film in May 2008, Lucas also ruled out anybody else ever making the sequel trilogy (or other future Star Wars features). Asked if he was happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after he was gone, Lucas replied: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII–IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..." The phenomenon of the Star Wars 'Expanded Universe', with stories told in novels, comic books and other media, also appears to have been a factor in Lucas seeing no need to produce a sequel trilogy: "Whatever it is that happens afterward, that isn't the core Star Wars story that I like to tell," he said in 2008. "There really isn't any story to tell there. It's been covered in the books and video games and comic books, which are things I think are incredibly creative but that I don't really have anything to do with other than being the person who built the sandbox they're playing in."

--- End quote ---

(Both of the above quotes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_sequel_trilogy#Abandonment_of_sequel_trilogy_.281997.E2.80.932012.29 )

Never say never!   :P

Jim

wraith808:
It's probably not fair that I base it on Star Wars and one other movie but based on those I disagree. For example when he is telling Padme to not believe the lies it seems so forced and unnatural, he couldn't even pull that off in my opinion. Similarly when he left Padme to go find his mother.
-rgdot (October 31, 2012, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Both of those... Lucas?  Especially considering taking a look at the other side of that (Natalie Portman) in Star Wars vs other movies.  But don't take my word for it... check out Life as a Housew, for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe.  Look at Ep 4 and 6 vs. 5.  The difference?  Lucas.  Star Wars was a great (adaptation of an) idea.  But its success propelled him to a place where he could coast secure that he was better than he really is in other areas.

rgdot:
Both of those... Lucas?  Especially considering taking a look at the other side of that (Natalie Portman) in Star Wars vs other movies.  But don't take my word for it... check out Life as a Housew, for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe.  Look at Ep 4 and 6 vs. 5.  The difference?  Lucas.  Star Wars was a great (adaptation of an) idea.  But its success propelled him to a place where he could coast secure that he was better than he really is in other areas.
-wraith808 (October 31, 2012, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, will try to watch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version