ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hurricane Sandy Discussion Thread

<< < (4/12) > >>

Ath:
Great to see you back on-line, April! :up:

Carol Haynes:
Glad you survived your time trip, April- and in style  :-* So sorry for all the devastation surrounding your town but life and health are more important than things! (I suppose that is easy for me to say though - don't wish to sound glib).

mouser:
Welcome back app!  So glad to hear you weathered the storm.

J-Mac:
Vague Sentence alert: "In contrast to Hazel, however, Sandy was not as strong a hurricane." - In what context was Sandy not a Hurricane? When it intercepted the second front?
-TaoPhoenix (October 31, 2012, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think you might have misread that. It didn't say it wasn’t a hurricane; it said it wasn’t as strong a hurricane.    :)

Jim
-J-Mac (October 31, 2012, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now I'm even more lost!  :huh:  Saying it is not as strong as a hurricane is the same thing as saying it wasn't one, right? How can it simultaneously be a hurricane and not as strong as one?
-TaoPhoenix (November 01, 2012, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

No - not nearly the same. You need to look up definitions of hurricanes and strengths!

Jim

tomos:
Yaah App,
welcome back :D

The 19th century doesnt sound half bad, I'm trying to get away from the net evenings myself - life seems so much more enjoyable then :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version