ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Early Politicians

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
Why would you agree to allow anything you say or do to be used against you?
-Renegade (November 01, 2012, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most attorneys will tell you, if you're ever in danger of, or actually placed under arrest, to sign nothing - and say nothing beyond: I do not consent to any searches. And I do not consent being interviewed. I wish to speak to an attorney. That's it. Those exact words. Don't add anything else or embellish. Say them calmly and clearly. Do not say them in a threatening tone - or do anything (make gestures or faces, assume a "confrontational posture," etc.) that could be creatively interpreted as "disorderly conduct" or "resisting." That will only make matters worse from a legal perspective. And depending on the circumstances, could also end up costing you your life. (US police are armed and authorized to use deadly force if they deem it necessary when making an arrest.)

Memorize these three short sentences in case you ever need them:

* I do not consent to any searches.
* I do not consent to being interviewed.
* I wish to speak to an attorney.
Say all three to the remanding officer(s) each time you're asked a question -  and whenever being handed over to a "supervisor" or other officer - and then once again very clearly when you're being formally "processed" at the police station.

After that, shut up - don't even keep repeating the above statement. Just clam up completely, let your brain go blank, and wait for the guy or lady wearing a gray suit and carrying a briefcase to show up. If you're being "uncooperative," the authorities will likely make you wait as long as they can, and possibly try playing other head games with you. Don't fall for it. An attorney will eventually show up to represent you. Just remain completely silent and wait for one to arrive.

Note: doing this this is even more important if you are innocent of what you're being charged with than if you're guilty.
 8)

Renegade:
Why would you agree to allow anything you say or do to be used against you?
-Renegade (November 01, 2012, 12:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most attorneys will tell you, if you're ever actually placed under arrest, to sign nothing - and say nothing beyond: I do not consent to any searches. And I do not consent being interviewed. I wish to speak to an attorney.

Say this to the remanding officer(s) each time you're asked a question -  and whenever being handed over to a "supervisor" or other officer - and then once again very clearly when you're being formally "processed" at the police station.

After that, shut up - don't even keep repeating the above statement. Just clam up completely, let your brain go blank, and wait for the guy or lady wearing a gray suit and carrying a briefcase to show up. (If you're being "uncooperative," they'll likely try to make you wait as long as they possibly can. But an attorney will eventually show up. Just remain completely silent and wait for one to arrive.)

Note: doing this this is even more important if you are innocent of what you're being charged with than if you're guilty.
 8)
-40hz (November 01, 2012, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent advice! :)

As I'm constitutionally incapable of ever shutting up, I'd like to add one little bit of, well, fun for me anyways. :D

I do not consent to being forcibly confined or kidnapped.

;D

40hz:
As I'm constitutionally incapable of ever shutting up, I'd like to add one little bit of, well, fun for me anyways. :D

I do not consent to being forcibly confined or kidnapped.
-Renegade (November 01, 2012, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well..."People who don't shut up end up being locked up!" as my buddy (who is an attorney) likes to say.

I thought my grandmother had a better insight. She used to say the one thing that gets us into the most trouble is our mouth. We pay for what we put into it. And we pay for what we let come out of it.

As time goes on, I've more and more begun to realize the profound truth hidden in that bit of grandmotherly wisdom.
 ;D

Renegade:
Well..."People who don't shut up end up being locked up!" as my buddy (who is an attorney) likes to say.
-40hz (November 01, 2012, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha! :)

Pretty much. Still...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_incarceration_rate

Where there's smoke...

(I don't believe that Americans are the most criminal people on the planet. Something there is very wrong.)

I thought my grandmother had a better insight. She used to say the one thing that gets us into the most trouble is our mouth. We pay for what we put into it. And we pay for what we let come out of it.

As time goes on, I've more and more begun to realize the profound truth hidden in that bit of grandmotherly wisdom.
 ;D
-40hz (November 01, 2012, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

True enough.

Hey! Were you trying to tell me to shut up nicely? :P ;D

Tinman57:

Memorize these three short sentences in case you ever need them:

* I do not consent to any searches.
* I do not consent to being interviewed.
* I wish to speak to an attorney.
Note: doing this this is even more important if you are innocent of what you're being charged with than if you're guilty.-40hz (November 01, 2012, 08:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The real sad thing about that is it isn't against the law to talk as long as you aren't offending someone's religion, race, etc.  With the cops mentality, anything you say can piss them off and give them reason to either a) beat you about the face and neck, or b) bring up false charges (In other words, lie like the dogs they are....

Another thing to note, it's against the law to make a false statement, written or verbal, to a police officer.  HOWEVER, it is perfectly legal for the cops to lie to you.  You will have cops tell you that they have an eye witness that you did something illegal in hopes that you will confess to get an lighter sentence.  DON'T FALL FOR THIS!  Remember, DON'T SAY ANYTHING EXCEPT "I WANT A LAWYER".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version