ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Malwarebytes FREE and PRO/Premium - Mini-Review.

<< < (10/14) > >>

40hz:

But hackers increasingly use novel bugs. Symantec's senior vice president for information security estimates antivirus now catches just 45% of cyberattacks. -tl;dr version
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (May 24, 2014, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fine...

But even if true, l'd still prefer to take that 45% level of protection they do provide in the absence of anything better. :(

40hz:
Malwarebytes has been reported as running without problem with at least a couple of anti-virus programmes.
I'm running it with MS Essentials on Win7; I've heard it works well with Avira free and pro versions.
-tomos (May 22, 2014, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have it peacefully coexisting with AVG, Avira, MSE, and Bitdefender.

The only one of the above that ever did (in my experience) have a real problem with Malwarebytes was Bitdefender. And at the request of many of it's customers, Bitdefender has since made their AV product compatible with Malwarebytes Antimalware right out of the box. Prior to that, there was a workaround group of settings that needed to be adjusted manually for it to work smoothly.

Stoic Joker:

But hackers increasingly use novel bugs. Symantec's senior vice president for information security estimates antivirus now catches just 45% of cyberattacks. -tl;dr version
--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (May 24, 2014, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fine...

But even if true, l'd still prefer to take that 45% level of protection they do provide in the absence of anything better. :(
-40hz (May 24, 2014, 01:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, I still run AV software too (MSE to be specific). I just don't depend on it to do anything beyond acting as the canary in a coal mine. Given my frequent use of management/diagnostic/recovery software, there are a lot of FP's. So the icon can turn any color it wants to...but if it disappears... Then! ...I know there is a problem.

dcwul62:
@IainB

No problem, don't worry.
I have MBAM now running alongside Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 (yes, removed Norton)
Strikes me that things are running sluggish, Firefox takes quite a while before it is up and running.
Installing anything takes a lot of time.

Made a screenshot of the taskmanager -> resources

MBAM is running pretty much default settings.

=
Malwarebytes FREE and PRO/Premium - Mini-Review.
=

IainB:
UPDATE - 2014-06-28 2134hrs: Major update to the opening post review to incorporate the addition of a review for MBAM Premium version series v2.x.
The review is now split into two parts:

* 1. Using MBAM on a computer with the Win8, 8.1-64 operating systems.
* 2. Using MBAM on a computer with the WinXP or Win7-64 operating systems.
Also added:

* reference to @dcwul62's comment and screenshot above (Re: Malwarebytes FREE and PRO - Mini-Review.) regarding sluggishness and resource utilisation on his system. (For which, thankyou.)
* reference to the PCMAG review of MBAM - Lab Results Looking Up - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 Review & Rating | PCMag.com as pointed to by @Arizona Hot in his comment Re: Interesting "stuff".  (For which, thankyou.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version