ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

General av and anti-malware discussion

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
General discussion of ins and outs of MBAM and other popular anti-malware, anti-spyware, av utilities etc..

IainB:
Prompted by the discussion that led to this post - You like science fiction, don't you? Of course you do! (where the issue of malware/adware on eBook-related websites was raised) - I got off my backside and posted: Malwarebytes FREE and PRO - Mini-Review (as at 2012-10-30). - which I had been meaning to do for some time now.

Hope this helps or is of use.

TaoPhoenix:
General discussion of ins and outs of MBAM and other popular anti-malware, anti-spyware, av utilities etc..

-MilesAhead (October 29, 2012, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is MBAM?

rgdot:

-MilesAhead (October 29, 2012, 10:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is MBAM?
-TaoPhoenix (October 30, 2012, 07:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

MilesAhead:
I've started using ClamWin as a supplemental scanner.

So far the only real annoyance is it seems to think there's an email somewhere hidden in my Thunderbird inbox with a spoofed domain.  It can't pin down which one. This leads to  a lot of futile delete/compact/rescan cycles.  MBAM shows it clean. It's likely a false positive. But I'd say it's useless for scanning Thunderbird folders. I searched ClamWin forums. It's been reported frequently. The main advice seems to be, if it was reported all along it's probably a false positive. If it's a new issue then you may need to hunt down the offending email. But that could take a full work week. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version