ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Data Breach Lawsuits

(1/3) > >>

Tinman57:
Attorneys Warn of Increased Risk of Big Data Breach Lawsuits
Two attorneys for a prominent law firm warn that courts are starting to look more favorably on class-action lawsuits brought by data breach victims, who historically have had trouble proving actual damages from the thefts.

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/attorneys-warn-increased-risk-big-data-breach-lawsuits-102512

40hz:
Hmm..."Two attorneys for a prominent law firm" I see.  :-\

Not exactly the most disinterested of parties to be sounding the alarm are they? ;D

Renegade:

Not exactly the most disinterested of parties to be sounding the alarm are they? ;D
-40hz (October 28, 2012, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Problem. Reaction. Solution. The Hegelian Dialectic in action.

40hz:

-40hz (October 28, 2012, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Problem. Reaction. Solution. The Hegelian Dialectic in action.
-Renegade (October 28, 2012, 09:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Seems more like the Second Law of Thermodynamics to me. Not that it really matters. The outcome is the much the same either way.

SeraphimLabs:
Well, I can't completely say it is a bad thing. A lot of companies have shown the reaction of "Sorry too bad." when that kind of thing happens.

If this actually does get pursued, it has a good chance of putting some pressure on companies to actually care about such mishaps and taking better measures to prevent or correct them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version