ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Dishonored Review

(1/2) > >>

wraith808:
I've just posted a review of Dishonored on my site.

The long and short of it if you don't want to read the whole thing is I'd highly recommend it.  I don't finish many games, but I finished this one.  From the voice acting (a stellar cast that includes Susan Sarandon, Brad Dourif, Carrie Fisher, John Slattery, Michael Madsen, Lena Headley, and ChloĆ« Grace Moretz) to the mechanics, to the environment (the story is pretty predictable, but still good), to the way that your actions have unforeseen effects, I really recommend it, especially if you like stealth games.  It's not the longest game, but it definitely makes you want to replay it, and lends itself to doing so.

mouser:
Thank you for the review.
I will absolutely be playing this when it gets down to bargain price, it sounds like just my cup of tea (heavy on stealth and interesting environments).

mouser:
Dishonored is heavily discounted on steam currently.
An extremely convincing alternate world that is dripping with atmosphere. One of the best games of the year. One of the most satisfying stealth FPS ever made.

The trend I've noticed in FPS games these days is to have a million things crashing down and assaulting your senses at all time, forcing you to rush through each level with barely time to think (Bioshock Infinite and ever military FPS in the last 5 years I'm talking to you).

But here's a game where you can really take your time and enjoy the sceneary.

40hz:

Bloody hell Wraith!

You hadda go and do that didn't you? Here I am trying to avoid gaming as much as possible and you have to find and do a writeup on that one? Steampunk? Mythos elements? A whaling city? Story and gameplay that looks like it was somewhat inspired by the movie Franklyn

And a setting that sounds something like Jeff VanderMeer's city of Ambergris.

All the weird dystopian fictional stuff I live for.

And all in one miserable game...

(Thx for sharing - I'm getting it. ;D )

IainB:
@40hz: What was the name of that rather surreal movie where people lived to play/compete in a virtual game event where you actually ran the risk of getting killed? The line between reality and virtuality became increasingly blurred, with the two almost swapping places at the end.
Was it "Return to Albion" or something? I can't find it on IMDB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version