ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

advanced paste program

<< < (2/2)

Ath:
But I have never checked it out.
-techidave (October 28, 2012, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Quite easy to try, IMHO, but I must say I use it several times a week, and it hasn't failed me since Windows 95...

techidave:
file copying is not one of those things that I have ever thought to "experiment" with.  Usually when I need to copy, I need to copy stuff.  but I have tried TerraCopy and some others but that was to get around Windows stopping the copying procedure because something hiccuped.   :(

I do wish MS would fix that.

Ath:
I do wish MS would fix that.
-techidave (October 28, 2012, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
IIRC they did something in Win8 to fix that

techidave:
I guess its better late than never, although I was starting to think it was going to be the latter.   :D

nite_monkey:
On my copy of windows 7, it warns me that there is already a folder with the same name. It then says if there are any files in there with the same name it will ask if I want to replace those files. By replace, what it actually means though is it will ask if I want to replace the file, or leave both files and add (1) to the end of the new file, or skip that file.

Back in windows xp, the only option was to either replace the duplicate file, or skip that file and the rest of the files.

As far as I know, there has never been a windows OS that would simply delete all the files in a destination folder with the same name as the source folder before copying the new files to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version