ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EverDesk stores emails in your normal folders with other docs

<< < (2/6) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I've gotten to the point that I don't even look at GAOTD b/c of the crazy restrictions.  Decided to look into this until I saw this comment.
-wraith808 (October 25, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ + 1 from me. GAOTDs as a general rule seem to be mostly scams. This EverDesk one is apparently no exception to that rule.
-IainB (October 25, 2012, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Being almost serious here, there's an ugly new difference emerging between "scam" and "monetized". A Scam is when you think you get something and it isn't there at all, etc.

"Monetized" is offering X, and it is indeed X, but carefully sculpted to bully you into the upgrade.  :(

40hz:
Yup. Bummer. Several hassles getting a reg code and the activation to work. Does not handle Gmail in this version. Removed from system. Onward! :up:

One of the commenters on GOTD suggested something called dreamMail. Scanned their site. Looks promising. Anybody try it? (I'll admit I'm more than a little leery of using a program from China for something as sensitive as my email client.)

40hz:
I've gotten to the point that I don't even look at GAOTD b/c of the crazy restrictions.  Decided to look into this until I saw this comment.
-wraith808 (October 25, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ + 1 from me. GAOTDs as a general rule seem to be mostly scams. This EverDesk one is apparently no exception to that rule.
-IainB (October 25, 2012, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Being almost serious here, there's an ugly new difference emerging between "scam" and "monetized". A Scam is when you think you get something and it isn't there at all, etc.

"Monetized" is offering X, and it is indeed X, but carefully sculpted to bully you into the upgrade.  :(
-TaoPhoenix (October 25, 2012, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. Monetization - that bastard love-child born out of the unholy union between Upsell and Bait&Switch.
 ;D

IainB:
...Being almost serious here, there's an ugly new difference emerging between "scam" and "monetized". A Scam is when you think you get something and it isn't there at all, etc...
-TaoPhoenix (October 25, 2012, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. It's all very confuzzling. It would seem simpler to stick to counting how many angels you can get on the head of a pin.

wraith808:
Yup. Monetization - that bastard love-child born out of the unholy union between Upsell and Bait&Switch.
 ;D
-40hz (October 25, 2012, 09:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

ZING!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version