ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Powershell Plus Free

(1/2) > >>

MilesAhead:
I haven't gotten into Powershell. But I do check out Gizmo's site for news. In Hot Finds there's a notice Powershell Plus IDE is now free.  Here's the link to the article:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/200-programming-ide-now-free.htm

and here's the page for download:
http://www.idera.com/Free-Tools/PowerShell-Plus/

When you click the Download Button it asks for an email address. A Hotmail address works fine. The next page has links for both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

I haven't decided if I'm going to get into PS programming. But I have the IDE zip files just in case. :)

cranioscopical:
Thanks for the pointer I'll stick 'em on the shelf  :)

rjbull:
When would you use Powershell, versus when would you use a good macro program like Macro Express, PowerPro, or one of the many others?

MilesAhead:
I've never tried PowerShell myself. I've seen people post scripts here and there. It does seem like it has some powerful features. But the syntax isn't exactly transparent. I just grabbed the IDE in case I decide to try it.  I assume there's stuff like IntelliSense that would make using the scripting easier.

Another reason I may not adopt it is many people won't have it on their PCs unless they have Windows Seven.  Looks like it's a SysAdmin or System Configurator type tool trying to move its way into the mainstream.  But a PowerShell programmer would certainly know more than I.

Shades:
It is pretty powerfull. And you come to appreciate PowerShell a lot more with an IDE like the one from Idera. Most IDEĀ“s nowadays have autocomplete for the script commands they support (including helpful description) and that makes it a lot easier to work and get used with these commands.

Version 1.1 is also available on WinXP since SP2 if memory serves me right. Windows 7 is likely to have version 2.0 from PowerShell. The IDE can work with both.

Thanks for the heads-up  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version