ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Don't You Want to be "Safe"?

<< < (9/15) > >>

tomos:
  In other words, they're doing the same thing that law enforcement has been doing for years....Guilt by association....
-Tinman57 (November 09, 2012, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe, but it's all different now with a patent!
-TaoPhoenix (November 09, 2012, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

does that mean no-one else will be able to do it?
or just that they'll have to pay google ...

TaoPhoenix:
  In other words, they're doing the same thing that law enforcement has been doing for years....Guilt by association....
-Tinman57 (November 09, 2012, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe, but it's all different now with a patent!
-TaoPhoenix (November 09, 2012, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

does that mean no-one else will be able to do it?
or just that they'll have to pay google ...
-tomos (November 10, 2012, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do sorta mean that. Two variants.
1. Govt DHS and gang get it for free to Keep You Safe. Upsetting but boring.
2. Everyone else has to pay Google, or cleanroom their own versions. That is the funny - haha part for me.

SeraphimLabs:
That really does look suspiciously like Google just patent trolled everyone else in our favor. Whose side are they really on in all this? Every so often I see Google sticking up for us while most of the other big names are out to kill us.

In latest case to test how technological developments alter Americans' privacy, federal court sides with Justice Department on police use of concealed surveillance cameras on private property.-TaoPhoenix (October 31, 2012, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder exactly how hard it really is to generate a 'small' EMP..
-Stoic Joker (October 31, 2012, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not hard at all. There's people with capacitive discharge machines used for coin crushing that work by generating local EMPs of sufficient intensity to shrink metallic objects.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---
Not hard at all. There's people with capacitive discharge machines used for coin crushing that work by generating local EMPs of sufficient intensity to shrink metallic objects.
-SeraphimLabs (November 10, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got a URL? ;D

SeraphimLabs:
--- End quote ---
-SeraphimLabs (November 10, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got a URL? ;D
-Renegade (November 10, 2012, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I shared it, we'd both be added to the terrorist watchlist. They're not hard to figure out though if you know a few things about electricity and physics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version