ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Don't You Want to be "Safe"?

<< < (6/15) > >>

Renegade:
^^ Give an inch to government, and they'll take a light year.

The current government is working very diligently to flush Canada down the toilet.

The really messed up thing is that while they way infinite power to listen in on Canadians, they're writing legislation in secret, and not letting Canadians know. It's hypocrisy in the extreme.

Tinman57:
Police need new internet surveillance tools, say chiefs
Bill C-30 would give police access to internet communications without a warrant-TaoPhoenix (October 28, 2012, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

What, Canada trying to keep up with the U.S. with police state laws?  All this time I thought Canada was better than that..... :(

Renegade:
Ok, back on topic... Just saw this:

http://publicintelligence.net/unodc-terrorist-internet/

431. Public-private partnerships may also provide a forum to promote minimum standards for the secure retention of data by private sector stakeholders and enhance the channels of communication for the provision of information by private sector stakeholders regarding suspicious activities.
--- End quote ---

i.e. Because it's illegal for the government to do it, private companies will!

More horrors at the link above. Just posting one of the digital atrocities.

Welcome to planet Earth, where every year is 1984! :P

TaoPhoenix:
Welcome to planet Earth, where every year is 1984! :P
-Renegade (October 29, 2012, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then the powers that be produced this:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57542510-38/court-oks-warrantless-use-of-hidden-surveillance-cameras/
Court OKs warrantless use of hidden surveillance cameras

In latest case to test how technological developments alter Americans' privacy, federal court sides with Justice Department on police use of concealed surveillance cameras on private property.
---------
The article goes on a red herring wailing about how "new" tech is vs citizen rights. Sorry, surveillance cameras are ... cameras. Cameras are the cutting edge news of 1920, though it would be hard to hide a couple of the early ones.

What has happened is that someone Sent A Memo that says "look how much fun we can have now!" For you math types out there, here's my analogy:

Divide by zero.
Now STFU about this "illegal operation crap." I SAID, Divide by Zero NOW or you are a terrorist!

And remember all that cool Founding Fathers stuff about "inalienable rights"? Sorry, rights are very very alienable. :(

Extra Credit: The Supreme Court is looking at cases about sending sniff dogs onto your private property to look for evidence to nail you with too.

SeraphimLabs:
Extra Credit: The Supreme Court is looking at cases about sending sniff dogs onto your private property to look for evidence to nail you with too.

-TaoPhoenix (October 31, 2012, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh that's going to go very well

Unauthorized dogs on my lawn are met with flying bits of lead as they are a threat to the livestock.

I wonder how the court would deal with that one.

"Sorry Officer, I thought it was a stray that would kill my chickens."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version