ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Dim rest of desktop/windows, except for focused window

<< < (12/18) > >>

brotherS:
Hey Skrommel, you are great! :)

CPU load still jumps to 100% when the script is activated, but is very low when it's just running.   :up:

One feature request for version 1.1: could you please add something to the code that would exit the script when the script is started again while it's still running?

And how would I define a hotkey like Ctrl-Shift-o to start and exit the script?

Thanks!

skrommel:
 :) I've just uploaded a new version that quits the one running before starting another.

If by start and exit you mean reload, add the following line to the end of the script, to have it reload when pressing Ctrl-Shift-o:

^+o::Reload

Skrommel

brotherS:
:) I've just uploaded a new version that quits the one running before starting another.-skrommel (September 14, 2005, 12:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm afraid I was a bit unclear in my last post :( I thought there might be a 'toggle' option, so that I could use *one* start menu entry for starting the script - and stopping it again later.

If by start and exit you mean reload, add the following line to the end of the script, to have it reload when pressing Ctrl-Shift-o:

^+o::Reload

--- End quote ---
hmm... is it also possible to start your script with that hotkey from inside my own AutoHotkey script that runs here 24/7?

skrommel:
 :) If you've got your own AHK script running, put something like this in there to toggle Ghoster on and off:

^+0::
Process, Exist, Ghoster.exe
pid=%ErrorLevel%
If pid=0
  Run,<fill in the path>Ghoster.exe
Else
  Process,Close,Ghoster.exe
Return

Skrommel

brotherS:
I got the latest Ghoster.ahk from https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/ and put the lines you suggested in my AHK script (just replaced the .exe entries with .ahk).

The hotkey starts your script as it should, but when I hit it again to stop it a window pops up:
"An older instance of this script is already running. Replace it with this instance?" :(

Another problem I have: your script sometimes conflicts with the "windows get focus and are moved to foreground by moving the mouse cursor over them (no need to click them" feature of Windows that I use: after using your script the (not dimmed) window I used it with will then always stay in the foreground, even if other windows get focus by moving the cursor on them. I have to close and open the window to fix it, minimizing does no thelp... :o

Could you fix that too please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version