ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Dim rest of desktop/windows, except for focused window

<< < (9/18) > >>

cracksloth:
i think geektechnu is right.  the best way to implement such a program would be to recreate:

http://vazagi.homepage.dk/DP.html

with the option to bring the active program to the front.  there could also be an option to grayscale everything below the screen, but it would be more work.  it would not be the best solution for creating custom dim settings for individual programs but are there really many who are looking for this?

-cracksloth

mouser:
i have actually recently written a region based non-rectangular windows tool that i could very easily adapt for this purpose if the autoit isnt quite sufficient.

mouser:
i just tried skrommel's script with the new autohotkey - it works!!

it's actually quite cool to try.  i don't know that i'd really use it but its quite fun and shows the power of autohotkey, and nice to be able to so easily compile it into an exe.

very fun and really excellent work!  :up:

if its ok with skrommel i will be compiling all of his autohotkey/autoit scripts and putting both them and the original scripts up on the coding snacks page.

skrommel - send me a paypal email address that i can put on the donation page so that people here can donate a buck or two to show their appreciation for your work.. i know i speak for everyone when i say how wonderful it is to have people here helping write these things.  it's really a treat to watch you guys in action.

cracksloth:
is there a way to make a huge fullscreen dimmed window that will just always have a z-order right behind the active window?  i noticed when dragging around a window that it takes a bit for the dimmed window to resize itself around the new position (or at least that is what it looks like).  also, when using an xp scheme (that have curved window corners) i can see the undimmed area as little triangles of undimmed area.  maybe i am wrong about how this script works, but if i am right, then making a fullscreen dimmed window behind the active window would solve these problems.

-cracksloth

cracksloth:
some weird things i noticed:

when a window spawns a menu that extends beyond the confines of the active window, it is half shaded.  to test this right click an ie window (you can do it right now...  go ahead, do it!) and the menu will only be partly covered by dimmage.

or drag the window over an "always on top" toolbar and only that area of the toolbar that is in front of the active window will be un-dimmed.

the method i mentioned would have the unintended side effect that "always on top" windows would not be dimmed (aka some toolbars).  this would be nice.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version