ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Dim rest of desktop/windows, except for focused window

<< < (4/18) > >>

mouser:
cool!

although as you say, it gets confused if new windows appear, i have to say, its quite cool, and in fact just using it for a second or two, you can see that it is a neat idea for a program, and maybe one worth taking the time to write in visual c++ for optimum speed.

i had real doubts about whether this would be anything but an annoying thing to use, but it's actually kind of a fun effect, that might be worth spending some time on.

Dragonrider:
I'm hoping to put the following things into the script this week if time permits.

* Fixing the new window problem.
* Allowing the user to interactively & from the cmdline to change the interval WinFocus checks for a new active
   window, the transparency of the background, & the transparency of the windows.
* Making an options dialog box to do the changing of values described above.
* Making a tray icon menu to allow disabling of the program, the ability to start from windows startup, & the
   ability of having the options window stay on top of all other windows while the user adjusts values in it.

But fixing the new window problem is the highest priority & I may have to postpone the other stuff for a couple of weeks since I'm preparing to attend a protest in Washington during the week of 05/22/05.  So it may take a couple of weeks to get everything done.

So please bear with my slow coding.

Regards
Brian

nudone:
had a quick play around with it on my system Brian but it seemed to have a mind of it's own - there didn't appear to be any pattern to how it behaved in ghosting windows, it was just clear that it wasn't happy.

i've got samurize running with alpha blending so maybe it was that causing the problem - it didn't get any better with that turned off though.

if i can spot a pattern to the irratic behavour i'll let you know exactly what it is doing.

mouser:
it sounds like keene knows the problems,
i was more interested in just the basic effect.

i thought it was going to be an annoying effect, but it was actually kinda nice to have all but active window dimmed..

glenelg:
I've always liked the way XP fades to black and white when you shutdown.  It would be nice to have a small application that would toggle the entire desktop to monochrome but let you continue working and toggle back to colour the next time it's run.  Alternatively a tray icon or a context menu option would be just as nice.

I know that there are various tools to allow you to create and change XP styles but I'm looking for something simpler I guess.

Any takers?

cheers
Fras

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version