ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Dim rest of desktop/windows, except for focused window

<< < (2/18) > >>

jsmallberry:
Here's a couple of possibilities:
1)  Make a program that is just a blank form (actually 4 of them) and no titlebar.  Set the forms to be 50% transparent (or whatever is set) with 'SetLayeredWindowAttributes'.  Make this form top most always.  Position the forms around the currently focused window, covering the entire desktop, but not the focused window.

Maybe not better, but an idea nonetheless:
2) Set the transparency of all other windows, but the focused one.  After setting the transparency, change the wallpaper, to a darker version of itself (I guess the wallpaper would always stay dark, unless the user disables the dimming effect)

mouser:
interesting ideas.

the first idea might look right, but as i have discovered with desktopcoral - the problem is that you would make it impossible to now "select" the windows that are behind the transparent mask.

the second idea is much more intriguring...
leaving aside the wallpaper, you could make all other windows transparent unless they are the active window..
now this actually seems feasible and is interesting.. would also make it easier to make exceptions to the rule, so that you could specify certain apps that shouldn't have their windows made 50% transparent...
clever idea, and seems doable.

jsmallberry:
For the first idea, you would have to make the form click-through by using the sendMessage api to the window below it.  Yeah, it seems like it would be a pain, not for the few hour requirement.

valhala:
This is f**** simple to do... Look back in a few days... I'll post porggy...

mouser:
ok then, valhala this one is yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version