topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: The Free Videos Thread  (Read 36054 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The Free Videos Thread
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 10:24 PM »
@Ren - finally got a chance to sit and watch all six installments of Dragon Age.  :Thmbsup:

Enjoyed it quite a bit. And Alicia Day's character is flat out adorable. Not surprising in that I've been given to understand (courtesy of friends who do the Comic-Con thing) that Ms. Day is equally endearing in real life.  Apparently she's the girl you'd like to bring home to meet yo' momma...when yo' momma isn't home as the old blues song goes. ;) ;D

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 10:38 PM »
@Ren - finally got a chance to sit and watch all six installments of Dragon Age:Thmbsup:

Enjoyed it quite a bit. And Alicia Day's character is flat out adorable. Not surprising in that I've been given to understand (courtesy of friends who do the Comic-Con thing) that Ms. Day is equally endearing in real life.  Apparently she's the girl you'd like to bring home to meet yo' momma...when yo' momma isn't home as the old blues song goes. ;) ;D

It was a fun series, eh? :D

And she's pretty much always like that. I have yet to see her in a role where she isn't simply wonderful. Have you seen the TV show Eureka? She's in that as a peppy genius scientist, and she just nails it. I'm not surprised to hear that she's equally endearing in person. There are a number of (less well known) actors/actresses that I really love to see in different shows, and she's one of them.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »
Have you seen the TV show Eureka? She's in that as a peppy genius scientist, and she just nails it.

I saw a few episodes with her in them. It was a great character. I even liked the dorky miniskirt/sweater combos she wore:

ad1.jpg

Oh bloody! She wears glasses in real life too? Ok...she's got me.

ad2.jpg

My GF is in hysterics right now: "What is it with you and girls with glasses?"

I suggested she put hers on and find out.  ;) ;D :Thmbsup:

----------------------------------

Add Allison Scagliotti of Warehouse 13 to your list. I've seen her in a few interviews. She's great too.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 11:08 PM »
Add Allison Scagliotti of Warehouse 13 to your list. I've seen her in a few interviews. She's great too.

99% of the time I love her character, but later in the series they write stuff into her character and she starts to come out with some douchey crap that makes me hate her or at least disgusts me. It's not a lot, but noticeable.

But I've never seen her in an interview. I'd hope that she's more like her early character than her later character.

I suggested she put hers on and find out.  ;) ;D :Thmbsup:

Hahahaha~! ;D

My wife recently had her hair done - straight perm. In a word... wow. Just. Wow. ;D  :Thmbsup: We all have a few of those things that we love to see our significant others in! :D

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29 AM »
I'd hope that she's more like her early character than her later character.

She is.

And that goes for the rest of the cast. The first season was the quite good. (Putting Joanne Kelly in a LBD with done up hair in the "Duped" episode was positively inspired IMHO.) The second season less so.

lbd.jpg

After that, however, it began thrashing around, although Jaime Murray's 'real' H.G. Wells character went a long way towards saving the third season. (And lets forget about the Eureka crossover/computer game episode which was painfully embarrassing to watch.) Unfortunately, they've also done a lot to make the characters less and less likable as the series continues. Probably in the mistaken hopes it will inject some additional 'depth' into the plots. Or plot as the case may be. Because there really is only one plot: "Snag it. Bag it. Tag it."

In a way I expected this. W13 is basically a one trick pony. It was only a matter of time before the blush started to wear off.

Oh well...

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 01:36 AM »
On the topic of fantastic female characters/actresses, Claudia Black:

Super-Simple-cropped-Screenshot - 2_11_2013 , 5_52_03 PM-400x424.jpg

Simply brilliant in both Farscape and Stargate.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2013, 02:14 AM »
After that, however, it began thrashing around, although Jaime Murray's 'real' H.G. Wells character went a long way towards saving the third season. (And lets forget about the Eureka crossover/computer game episode which was painfully embarrassing to watch.) Unfortunately, they've also done a lot to make the characters less and less likable as the series continues. Probably in the mistaken hopes it will inject some additional 'depth' into the plots. Or plot as the case may be. Because there really is only one plot: "Snag it. Bag it. Tag it."

In a way I expected this. W13 is basically a one trick pony. It was only a matter of time before the blush started to wear off.

H.G. Wells really did breathe some new life into the show. She reminds me of Claudia Black a lot.

Some shows have a lot of depth, others, not so much.

Some great examples of shows with zero depth are NCSI, CSI, Criminal Minds, and pretty much most cop shows. I almost feel embarrassed for Gary Sinese in CSI:NY - he's a much better actor than the show - it's beneath him - and the character is beneath him. I just can't watch any of them anymore.

Both Eureka and Warehouse 13 have that rigid style that boxes it in. They've done a few good things to break out of the mold, but haven't quite got the knack of it.

For shows with better depth, I think Supernatural really does a fantastic job. Some things I'm not all that keen on, like how Dean just always has a bad attitude - he's a much more likeable character when he's not being moody. But, overall, extremely well done.

I think Felicia Day, Jaime Murray, and Claudia Black all bring that certain je n'est cais pas to the screen that few others do. It's a lively, bright, happy character that you just can't get enough of.

Many other characters are moody, depressing, angry, etc. That gets really annoying after a while, and one of the reason's I really loathe Gary Sinese's character on CSI.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 04:34 PM »
This guy is worth checking out - Phillip Bloomw - filmmaker.
Won awards for his documentary How to Start a Revolutionw - I havent seen it myself. I came across him in a comment to a camera review. He does a lot of testing of 'small' digital video cameras ('small' being by cameraman standards) including dslr cameras. Amazing quality video with full original resolution quality available to download on vimeo.

Very short film of a salt water aquarium:

A finance guy changes career:

171 videos on his youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/philipbloom

258 vids on vimeo
http://vimeo.com/philipbloom

I think I'll be checking out a few more of those :-)
Tom

SQUIDMAN

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • WAT TV Squidman Videos
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2013, 03:45 AM »
Thanks for the Vimeo site! Here is my music vids link french site, almost all classic rock, 80's 90's a few others.

http://www.wat.tv/squidman

146 and adding!

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2013, 04:50 AM »
I think this will appeal to quite a few people here that are technically oriented or enjoy geeky stuff.

Jeff Blum's YouTube channel has a bunch of tutorials on Arduino programming, sensors, servos, etc.

https://www.youtube....XPjmKwPutGjwFZsEXB5g

Here's tutorial #1:

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2013, 05:42 AM »
Here's a massive archive of around 600 videos submitted to an online film contest.

CAUTION - There's a lot of conspiracy history stuff in there, so might not be fun for some people.

http://www.infowars.com/paulrevere/

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2013, 04:58 AM »
STAR TREK CONTINUES!

http://www.startrekc...tinues.com/episodes/

If you're happy and you know it,
Set your phaser on stun!