ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Free Videos Thread

<< < (11/13) > >>

40hz:
@Ren - finally got a chance to sit and watch all six installments of Dragon Age.  :Thmbsup:

Enjoyed it quite a bit. And Alicia Day's character is flat out adorable. Not surprising in that I've been given to understand (courtesy of friends who do the Comic-Con thing) that Ms. Day is equally endearing in real life.  Apparently she's the girl you'd like to bring home to meet yo' momma...when yo' momma isn't home as the old blues song goes. ;) ;D

Renegade:
@Ren - finally got a chance to sit and watch all six installments of Dragon Age.  :Thmbsup:

Enjoyed it quite a bit. And Alicia Day's character is flat out adorable. Not surprising in that I've been given to understand (courtesy of friends who do the Comic-Con thing) that Ms. Day is equally endearing in real life.  Apparently she's the girl you'd like to bring home to meet yo' momma...when yo' momma isn't home as the old blues song goes. ;) ;D
-40hz (February 10, 2013, 10:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was a fun series, eh? :D

And she's pretty much always like that. I have yet to see her in a role where she isn't simply wonderful. Have you seen the TV show Eureka? She's in that as a peppy genius scientist, and she just nails it. I'm not surprised to hear that she's equally endearing in person. There are a number of (less well known) actors/actresses that I really love to see in different shows, and she's one of them.

40hz:
Have you seen the TV show Eureka? She's in that as a peppy genius scientist, and she just nails it.
-Renegade (February 10, 2013, 10:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I saw a few episodes with her in them. It was a great character. I even liked the dorky miniskirt/sweater combos she wore:

Oh bloody! She wears glasses in real life too? Ok...she's got me.

My GF is in hysterics right now: "What is it with you and girls with glasses?"

I suggested she put hers on and find out.  ;) ;D :Thmbsup:

----------------------------------

Add Allison Scagliotti of Warehouse 13 to your list. I've seen her in a few interviews. She's great too.

Renegade:
Add Allison Scagliotti of Warehouse 13 to your list. I've seen her in a few interviews. She's great too.-40hz (February 10, 2013, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

99% of the time I love her character, but later in the series they write stuff into her character and she starts to come out with some douchey crap that makes me hate her or at least disgusts me. It's not a lot, but noticeable.

But I've never seen her in an interview. I'd hope that she's more like her early character than her later character.

I suggested she put hers on and find out.  ;) ;D :Thmbsup:-40hz (February 10, 2013, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! ;D

My wife recently had her hair done - straight perm. In a word... wow. Just. Wow. ;D  :Thmbsup: We all have a few of those things that we love to see our significant others in! :D

40hz:
I'd hope that she's more like her early character than her later character.
-Renegade (February 10, 2013, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

She is.

And that goes for the rest of the cast. The first season was the quite good. (Putting Joanne Kelly in a LBD with done up hair in the "Duped" episode was positively inspired IMHO.) The second season less so.

After that, however, it began thrashing around, although Jaime Murray's 'real' H.G. Wells character went a long way towards saving the third season. (And lets forget about the Eureka crossover/computer game episode which was painfully embarrassing to watch.) Unfortunately, they've also done a lot to make the characters less and less likable as the series continues. Probably in the mistaken hopes it will inject some additional 'depth' into the plots. Or plot as the case may be. Because there really is only one plot: "Snag it. Bag it. Tag it."

In a way I expected this. W13 is basically a one trick pony. It was only a matter of time before the blush started to wear off.

Oh well...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version