ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why I switched from Thunderbird to The Bat!

<< < (6/6)

Tuxman:
Looks like a rip-off of early Thunderbirds with a better settings menu.  :huh:

tomos:
Re reliability, the portable version should not be trusted according to oblivion
The Bat! and why I've given up with it.

RE the love/hate - there's a couple of negative 'bat' threads on offer here, mostly going along the lines it's the best but ... [wrapping/documentation-support].

Tuxman:
Re oblivion's experiences with the support: All crashes reported during the beta testing period were fixed immediately. Even some which they could not reproduce. Seems like they improved the QA process.

I am really considering using my Bat portably too, but as his thread (thanks for the link) says I shouldn't...

I wonder why I missed the whole The Bat! thing here. Time to keep up.

superboyac:
I feel like the email client market supply/demand will eventually kill all hope for further advancements on the Bat or any other decent client software.  Man...i really hate how the software world is shaping up.  I hope the next decade or two will see advances in things like Linux that fill the hole that Windows filled back in the 90s.

Tuxman:
Haha, no way. Linux is evolving reversely. The older it becomes, the more useless it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version