ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Listary Pro for only $9.95 on Friday 19 October

<< < (4/5) > >>

rgdot:
Couple of observations:

Listary seems to be a modern version of the old powerpro.
Listary seems to be difficult to describe by techy people and even through video. Example: rjbull (not picking on you, just observing)

you can make any standard File Open/Save dialog instantly switch to whatever directory your file manager of choice is currently pointing to.
--- End quote ---

I am already pointing to a directory and have navigated to that directory using the FM. So presumably I can already work in that directory when I am already there.
Note: I am not saying you are wrong or it's not useful, I am talking about how to describe Listary to some one.

edbro:
Couple of observations:

-rgdot (October 21, 2012, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe one small aspect of Powerpro. IMO, Powerpro is the single greatest utility ever coded. I have Windows 8 Pro x64 and I still use Powerpro. I use it for managing my clipboard, I built my dock using PP, I use it for text replacement, etc. True, it's also capable for favorite folders but I don't need that aspect as I use Directory Opus and Windows built in favorites for dialogs.

rgdot:
Couple of observations:

-rgdot (October 21, 2012, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe one small aspect of Powerpro. IMO, Powerpro is the single greatest utility ever coded. I have Windows 8 Pro x64 and I still use Powerpro. I use it for managing my clipboard, I built my dock using PP, I use it for text replacement, etc. True, it's also capable for favorite folders but I don't need that aspect as I use Directory Opus and Windows built in favorites for dialogs.
-edbro (October 21, 2012, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

For sure, small subset of what powerpro can do. I still use the shortcuts, clipboard, notes, recent apps, recent folders, send keys and more features of it.

rjbull:
Listary seems to be a modern version of the old powerpro. -rgdot (October 21, 2012, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
As others have noted, it only does a small subset of what PowerPro does, though I think some of what it does isn't natively in PowerPro and might take sophisticated coding to achieve.  I'd rate it easier to use for the features that overlap.  Also, Listary can be portable, which I don't think is really possible with PowerPro.

I am already pointing to a directory and have navigated to that directory using the FM. So presumably I can already work in that directory when I am already there. -rgdot (October 21, 2012, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Of course...  what benefits you will get from Listary will depend on what FM and other software you have.  For me, the benefits of being able to instantly switch any File Open/Save dialog to whatever directory TC is pointing to are great.  That's for any arbitrary directory, which can be a "new" one not already in any favourites list.  I could just point to a file in TC, press F4 and have whatever application is associated with that file in TC open it, but Listary allows any application to benefit from TC's navigation.

You're right that it's hard to describe, but the free-for-personal-use version contains a useful subset of the feature list, so anyone can try it out without cost and without installation.

edbro:
I did try it but had a devil of a time trying to find a free hotkey combination. I'm running Win8 and the standard Win+W is already reserved in the OS for Settings. I tried many combinations of the Win key and found most already reserved. I did use a Ctrl key combo that worked while I was trying it out but in the end I decided Listary wasn't for me. Nothing wrong with it, I just found that with tools I already had I didn't need it.

I just point this out because Win8 is just coming to market. I had an early copy from my Technet subscription.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version