ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Listary Pro for only $9.95 on Friday 19 October

<< < (5/5)

oblivion:
My two penn'orth... Listary for me does stuff that my file manager of choice (Opus) doesn't help with. The point of Listary interacting with file dialogues is not to enhance the file manager in current use, it's to bring the file manager into most file dialogues.

For instance: I often create pdfs via a pdf printer. Listary remembers the places I routinely save pdfs and offers them to me. It doesn't do that when I'm just saving files, because it's a different dialogue generated by a different program. It's significantly more reliable than Windows "recent places" thing (which I never found works well) and with a bit of work I can set up a favourite locations list too.

Its only deficiency from my point of view is, in comparison with the program I used to use (FileBX) it doesn't switch file dialogues into details view and sort most recent first automatically, which fbx did and I still miss. But it's a brilliant program for anyone who uses multiple storage locations on their system, in my view. And it's portable too. :)

rjbull:
My two penn'orth-oblivion (October 22, 2012, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Better put than me, in less words  :(

it doesn't switch file dialogues into details view and sort most recent first automatically-oblivion (October 22, 2012, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Default Smart Commands includeShow File Extension (Ctrl + Shift + X)
Show Hidden Files and Folders (Ctrl + Shift + H)
--- End quote ---
but that's only part way there, and more keys to press.  Maybe you could ask Channing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version