ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What A Different World Than What I Grew Up In :(

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
Reading through the news, I've constantly come across articles about "Amanda Todd". I finally did a search and saw this:

CAUTION: This is pretty disturbing.

I've heard about cyber-bulling before, but really never looked into it.

The poor girl took her life over it.

I really don't know what else to say. It should be pretty obvious.

Some members of Anonymous have claimed to identify the "stalker":

From AnonymousAnonymous' Identiy Configuration

Amanda Todd's Punisher

Extorted amanda todd for pictures. This is the pedophile that social engineered Amanda Todd into supplying him nude pictures.

Identity: Kody Maxson
Online Username: kody1206
Birthdate 1980, age 30
Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYk19SD4FCs

We Are Anonymous.
We Are Legion.
We Do Not Forgive.
We Do Not Forget.
Kody Maxson.
Expect us!

Perhaps what's perhaps a sadder state is that when you search for "Amanada Todd" in YouTube, then click a link, the "related results" on the left are enough to make you vomit.

It's utterly disgusting how some people use these wonderful technological tools. I'm simply speechless.

mouser:
One of the things you regret as an adult is that you didn't stand up enough for those who were picked on at school, didn't extend your hand enough to the outcasts.

For those of you on this forum who are still young and in school.  If you see someone being picked on, stand up for them, show them a friendly face and reach out your hand.  You'd be surprised at how much it can mean to someone to have someone reach out to them and extend a friendly hand.

Renegade:
One of the things you regret as an adult is that you didn't stand up enough for those who were picked on at school, didn't extend your hand enough to the outcasts.

For those of you on this forum who are still young and in school.  If you see someone being picked on, stand up for them, show them a friendly face and reach out your hand.  You'd be surprised at how much it can mean to someone to have someone reach out to them and extend a friendly hand.
-mouser (October 16, 2012, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

app103:
Cyber-bulling is some really messed up stuff, and stopping it is something we all have to try to do when we see it happening, which is what I am about to do right now...

Posting the personal info of a bully only encourages more bullying. What do you think others will do with that info? No matter how wrong the guy was, bullying him for it is just as wrong, and two wrongs never make a right.

40hz:
osting the personal info of a bully only encourages more bullying.
--- End quote ---

Strongly disagree based on my experience.

Bullying flourishes in the shadows. I don't think it's ever wise to allow them to operate anonymously or unchallenged. Exposing them for what they are, and exposing what they do to as many people as possible, is the first step in dealing with the problem - even if it serves no other function than forcing those in a position of authority to take action. Because believe me, schools would rather not deal with the issue at all from what I've seen. And anything they can do to "not see" the problem has been their SOP so far - even with all the publicity and hysteria being generated by this most recent cause célèbre.

Sometimes the only way to deal with an intermittent problem is to watch it (or push it) until it finally reveals itself. Once the problem is clearly identified, you can then work on finding a more permanent fix.

Exposing a bully does exactly that.

and two wrongs never make a right.

--- End quote ---

Nope. But three lefts do! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version