ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Tracking Brainwaves to Protect Our Borders

(1/3) > >>

Tinman57:
Surveillance: Tracking Brainwaves to Protect Our Borders

Ever wonder what it would be like if the person who you are talking to could suddenly read your true thoughts? I know I have and have been very thankful that my thoughts were my own private treasure trove not open for public scrutiny. Well, that one private area of our lives that we have often thought untouchable by others may become a target of our war on terrorism. One might wonder why this is necessary since it seems that Homeland Security has done a fairly good job, since 9/11, of securing our borders. In fact, it seems that our nation is employing an increasingly vigilant military personnel as well as private contractors equipped with the latest in cameras and sensors to actively watch our borders.

http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2012/10/12/surveillance-tracking-brainwaves/

[I guess the next thing on the agenda is "The Dream Police", and I'm not talking about Cheap Trick either....]

40hz:
Ever wonder what it would be like if the person who you are talking to could suddenly read your true thoughts? I know I have
-Tinman57 (October 15, 2012, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

We know you have too! :P ;D

Renegade:
Sigh...

From the article:

However, for the conspiracy theorists among us, I can already hear the outcries of Big Brother is watching (or, in this case, listening). In this instance, I can see how they could come to this conclusion, but at some point, one has to decide to trust those in power. In other words, do we want to see our nation, and therefore our borders, protected from terrorist entry, or are we willing to take the chance that a dangerous drug cartel or terrorist group will find a gaping security hole along our border defense? I know I wish that we didn’t find ourselves in this position, but the powers that be feel that the best way to protect us and those who serve us is by patrolling our long borders. As always, I am curious to hear your input, so please feel free to comment.
--- End quote ---

Let's translate that into realityville...

However, for the conspiracy theorists among us,
--- End quote ---

Wow. An attempt to shut down conversation on the topic by throwing around the "conspiracy theorist" label. Didn't see that one coming...  :-\

I can already hear the outcries of Big Brother is watching (or, in this case, listening).
--- End quote ---

Ummm... Because they are? Just how idiotic is this writer? Didn't notice the thousands upon thousands of surveillance cameras everywhere? Or maybe he didn't notice all the online surveillance? Maybe he's just blind...

In this instance, I can see how they could come to this conclusion,
--- End quote ---

Really? You can understand how increased surveillance at every step is kind of something like maybe Big Brother? How perceptive of you~! :P

but at some point, one has to decide to trust those in power.
--- End quote ---

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA~!

Seriously? Is this guy for real?

Trust those in power. Let's have a nice little list of "those in power"... Or maybe we'll just skip it. We all know where that ends up... (mass graves)

In other words, do we want to see our nation, and therefore our borders, protected from terrorist entry,
--- End quote ---

Oh yes! The massive hordes of terrorists throwing themselves against the border, wave after wave of relentless terrorist hordes! Oh god... How many "terrorists" has the DHS caught? Didn't think so...

or are we willing to take the chance that a dangerous drug cartel
--- End quote ---

Like the CIA, perhaps?

or terrorist group
--- End quote ---

Like those you find in Washington D.C.?

will find a gaping security hole along our border defense?
--- End quote ---

Like the ones the CIA uses for muling drugs into the US? Or the ones that the US military uses?

I know I wish that we didn’t find ourselves in this position, but the powers that be feel that the best way to protect us and those who serve us is by patrolling our long borders.
--- End quote ---

"The powers that be" = Big Brother. Which part of that was difficult to understand?

And better be careful about those darn Canadians! God knows they're all filled with piss & vinegar and looking to destroy the US at any opportunity...  :-\

As always, I am curious to hear your input, so please feel free to comment.
--- End quote ---

No. He's not. He just wants people to scream out in fear about imaginary "terrorists" and congratulate him on screaming for fewer freedoms and a bigger police state. Describing him as "disingenuous" would be kind.

This guy needs to understand 1 thing... When you send drones to bomb people at weddings, you're going to have a few people pissed off at you.

Just unreal. Completely surreal. I don't know whether to vomit in disgust or cry in despair.

Stoic Joker:
Here's a thought... Instead of worrying and whining about all those pesky Mexicans sneaking across the border to snap up all of the highly sought after kitchen, gardening and janitorial positions ... Why don't we just ask them to watch for people that don't belong.

Hell if enough of them were allowed over here to really see how badly we've managed to screw this country up they'd probably start patrollong the border for us just to protect their own from the land of false hope.

TaoPhoenix:
I'm going to go to sleep tonight dreaming about that babe over in DHS... oh wait...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version