topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dream Host maximum discount $97 Off promo code  (Read 7721 times)

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dream Host maximum discount $97 Off promo code
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Source:http://underived.net/2006/04/dream-host-maximum-discount-97-off-promo-code/

1 FREE domain registration
UNLIMITED domains hosted
UNLIMITED subdomains
20 GB Disk, 1 TB Transfer
3000 Mailboxes, 75 Shell/FTP Users and lot more

Copy and Paste from blog-

"Just use the promo code PK97OFF and sign up for the Level 1 option(Best Deal) or whichever suits you. The max discount is valid for 1 year and 2 year plans only. I
What’s in it for me, well if you reffer anyone goin forward after you sign up, Ithink I might get a small amount of 5%( I am not sure of it though).

Anyways $22.40 per annum is a steal, cant get any better. Going forward I will write a follow post describing the whole process of setting up and using dreamhost."

-Personally i don't no anything about Dream Host quality wise,but i just purchased and gonna give it a try,
for a little over 20 bucks you don't have much to lose.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dream Host maximum discount $97 Off promo code
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Just over $20 a year?

Ask Allen about DreamHost. He's been using them for years. I like what I have seen of them through him. I've even recently transferred my domains over to them. I don't have any hosting with them yet. Sounds like a good time to get some, though.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Yup, use dreamhost--have for years and can't imagine I'd host with anyone else.  They offer everything -- from unlimited domains/subdomains/e-mail aliases to full shell accounts (for 2nd level and up plans, I think).  They provide pretty much everything -- and the control panel makes for easy editing of pretty much all of it.  So whether you know what you're doing or not, you should be able to find your way around.  In the near decade I've been with them, there have only been two significant outages -- one was caused by the California brownouts and the other a massive DoS attack, which they've since taken great strides to prevent from happening again.  Pretty good record, in my book.

Included are all the basics; php, mysql, ruby, perl, squirrelmail, formmail, miva merchant, some 1-click install software (blog, wiki, etc.), the typical apache goodies--cron,.htaccess.  There are also some interesting things -- they're big supporters of Jabber. If you're a fan of the protocol, you can have jabber@yourdomain.  Taking a queue from google, dreamhosts bandwidth and disk space are increased steadily by the day.  The longer you're with them, the bigger your account gets.  Right now, I have a hosting cap of nearly 72,000 MB -- and 1991GB bandwidth. Like I can use all that. :)

The closest thing to a complaint I have is that the control panel can be a bit slow at times -- which in the grand scheme of things isn't much of an issue.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:01 AM »
OK, I'm signing up! Do any of you have a referral link?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:47 AM »
$22 a year for that plan seems like a great deal to me.

HOWEVER one BIG caveat to consider:

if you are really saving $100 a year, but it only lasts for 1 yr, then your going to be in for a giant increase in costs when the year is up.  Will your costs then go up to $120 a year after that?

That may cease to become such a great deal.

It is not fun to move hosts! make sure you get something you are comfortable keeping for several years.

hwtan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 04:19 AM »
Try "777" for their L1 annual plan at about $10 (can't remember) for the first year.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Am I too late to get that referrel?  If you go to http://theprawn.com and click the dreamhost button at the bottom, I get $$ :)

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 05:03 AM »
Am I too late to get that referrel?  If you go to http://theprawn.com and click the dreamhost button at the bottom, I get $$ :)
Nope not at all... sorta...
I signed up with your referral link, but near the "promotion code" field it said something like "you can either use a promo code OR you can let us know who referred you." I hope you get at least $5, but I opted to use the promo code PK97OFF.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 04:15 AM »
Welp, I signed up, and one thing that's pretty darn cool is they let you make promo codes. So I went ahead and created a code that gives you the maximum discount available for every service possible. Most of them are $97 off.

The code is " PandaGets0 "

The last character is the number zero by the way.

It's actually very easy to use the code, just log on to www.dreamhost.com and put in the code, PandaGets0, in the promo code field.

What's in it for me? I get $5 for each person you sign up. In fact, I would get more from a "sub-referral" than from a direct referral.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Stealing my thunder, boy . . . :)