topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: use google bookmark sync in firefox?  (Read 2054 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
use google bookmark sync in firefox?
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:50 PM »
I'm using Sign in to chrome to sync my bookmarks across my 2 chromium browsers. I'm using SyncPlaces to do the same across my 2 Firefox browsers.  In the past I migrated bookmarks from Chromium to Firefox using Xmarks. But that always involved a half hour of fixing the scrambles, lost favicons and dupes.

In an effort to get away from Xmarks I'm looking for an alternative to manually adding a FF bookmark every time I add something to chromium.  Chromium is primary. I use FF about 1/4 as much. Since I'm only using the chrome sync to sync bookmarks I was hoping there was a way to tap into it with FF.

I tried GMarks addon.  Maybe there was something I missed. But I set it up and hit Refresh. I got an empty Dialog with a splitter.  It's not clear if it goes to google account or what.  Man this is a real time waster!! There's got to be a solution.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: use google bookmark sync in firefox?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Never mind. After farting around with sync in chromium I've determined the only sane way is just to copy the user data folder from one machine to the other. Otherwise every time you sign out, then sign in, it changes syncing only bookmarks to syncing everything. Any bookmarks you delete reappear.  Whoever wrote this must have brain damage.