ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Suspension and windows 7

(1/1)

Contro:
Suspension and windows 7.
For me is new.
 ;D
But come with prior systems.
I usually don turn off my pc's because of the security copies all day and night long.
But...

I would like to save some dollars in the light invoice.....

So...

Yesterday I observed my pc with the ventilators off. Suspended. Perfect.

But I would like a soft for :

1. Turn on my pc when a security copy is necessary or programmed. When an action is programmed.

2. Mantain suspension if during the last security copy the pc was not used...

3. Automation with the suspended mode in general.

Best Regards

Note :
I use for security copies
Cobian Backup
Syncback free

4wd:
You can just use Task Scheduler to wake the computer for backups and it will go back to sleep after a period of inactivity or you tell the backup program to put it to sleep after a backup, (assuming nobody is logged on)..

I don't think number 2 is possible - the computer needs to wake up so that it can either check there were no changes to the files it was backing up or there were no logons since the last backup.

Possibly the closest you could get to number 2 is have a marker file set when someone logs on and then have the backup program, (or script), check for its existence:
1) It exists - do a backup then clear it.
2) It doesn't exist - go back to sleep.

Contro:
You can just use Task Scheduler to wake the computer for backups and it will go back to sleep after a period of inactivity or you tell the backup program to put it to sleep after a backup, (assuming nobody is logged on)..

I don't think number 2 is possible - the computer needs to wake up so that it can either check there were no changes to the files it was backing up or there were no logons since the last backup.

Possibly the closest you could get to number 2 is have a marker file set when someone logs on and then have the backup program, (or script), check for its existence:
1) It exists - do a backup then clear it.
2) It doesn't exist - go back to sleep.
-4wd (October 15, 2012, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Logical. That's the point.

I have found, besides Task Scheduler, two soft may be useful for this purpose :

System Scheduler Free

or

KM Wakeup

My motherboard support WOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version