ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Next "They Live" - "Branded"

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
I just saw the next "They Live" movie. "Branded". It really is the next version of "They Live". (If you understand "They Live", you'll get it. If not, well...)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368440/

If you haven't seen it, watch it.

If you understand "They Live", you'll get "Branded".

If you don't understand "They Live", well... I feel for you. Watch it again.

Wicked cool movie that really has some nasty points to make.

These are the modern (recent that is) versions of 1984. Brilliant stuff.

If you didn't like "Idiocracy", well, again... I feel sorry for you. This is another in the series of films exposing reality.

40hz:
Very cool! I've suspected those QR codes for years... :tellme:

Better be careful next time I get prescription sunglasses though. One mistake by an optician and my life could change forever...

----

Check out an equally paranoid but less sci-fi webisode cousin called TYRANNY - all eighteen (between 6 and 11 minute) episodes available for viewing here or on YouTube if you haven't seen it already. :up:

Here's the first 6 minute installment:

:Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Very cool! I've suspected those QR codes for years... :tellme:

Better be careful next time I get prescription sunglasses though. One mistake by an optician and my life could change forever...
-40hz (October 14, 2012, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

If anyone understands the flick, you will. I'm certain you'll love the movie! :)

nudone:
Thanks for mentioning Branded. Wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. Will watch it this week.

(Sunglasses scene in They Live might just be the most profound few minutes I've seen in a movie. Well, nothing else springs to mind right at this moment.)

40hz:
Thanks for mentioning Branded. Wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. Will watch it this week.

(Sunglasses scene in They Live might just be the most profound few minutes I've seen in a movie. Well, nothing else springs to mind right at this moment.)
-nudone (October 14, 2012, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about the scene towards the end when the character Ivy Walker climbs over the wall in M.N. Shyamalan's The Village?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version