ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Outing the Internet's worst troll.

<< < (6/9) > >>

40hz:
Legal and regulated properly would leave far less casualties.
-Stoic Joker (October 16, 2012, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

@SJ - Sounds more like a conclusion masquerading as a premise to me, but ok ;)

Bad yes.  Reprehensible yes.  Evil?  Well, we have a different definition of that.  I leave that to the people who do more than troll on the internet.  But the differences in definition are fine.  But when someone says that the people that shot the Pakistani girl were evil and you lump him in with it... well, you have too wide a spectrum there in my opinion.
--- End quote ---

Really? Spend some time carefully examining and contemplating the concept of evil and you might come away with a very different understanding. Seriously.  :)

Use of certain words in hyperbole IMO reduces the effectiveness of them when they are accurately used.  Racism, bigotry, homophobia, rape... they are used too commonly now, which water the terms down.  And IMO, this is a prime example of hyperbole.
--- End quote ---

Wraith, my good man, you know I think the world of you. But I don't understand where you're coming from with the above. But so be it. If you can't see (or won't allow yourself to see) the difference between what is commonly considered 'trolling' and what this guy has been doing...well...I'll leave you to ponder effectiveness and accuracy of definition to your heart's content.

For my part, I'll just sit back and smile a little smile, knowing somebody finally belled this particular cat.

-----------------------------
Note: Did you mean Use of certain words in exaggeration rather than hyperbole? Because I think you might be misusing the word "hyperbole" in the above. Hyperbole is done with the conscious effort to exaggerate rather than persuade - and is not presented with the intent that it to be taken literally. At least from my understanding of the definition.   :)

wraith808:
Legal and regulated properly would leave far less casualties.
-Stoic Joker (October 16, 2012, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

@SJ - Sounds more like a conclusion masquerading as a premise to me, but ok ;)

Bad yes.  Reprehensible yes.  Evil?  Well, we have a different definition of that.  I leave that to the people who do more than troll on the internet.  But the differences in definition are fine.  But when someone says that the people that shot the Pakistani girl were evil and you lump him in with it... well, you have too wide a spectrum there in my opinion.
--- End quote ---

Really? Spend some time carefully examining and contemplating the concept of evil and you might come away with a very different understanding. Seriously.  :)

Use of certain words in hyperbole IMO reduces the effectiveness of them when they are accurately used.  Racism, bigotry, homophobia, rape... they are used too commonly now, which water the terms down.  And IMO, this is a prime example of hyperbole.
--- End quote ---

Wraith, my good man, you know I think the world of you. But I don't understand where you're coming from with the above. But so be it. If you can't see (or won't allow yourself to see) the difference between what is commonly considered 'trolling' and what this guy has been doing...well...I'll leave you to ponder effectiveness and accuracy of definition to your heart's content.

For my part, I'll just sit back and smile a little smile, knowing somebody finally belled this particular cat.

-----------------------------
Note: Did you mean Use of certain words in exaggeration rather than hyperbole? Because I think you might be misusing the word "hyperbole" in the above. Hyperbole is done with the conscious effort to exaggerate rather than persuade - and is not presented with the intent that it to be taken literally. At least from my understanding of the definition.   :)
-40hz (October 16, 2012, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I think that words sometimes change in use- especially in the english language.  And from what I've seen it used- yes, hyperbole can mean intentional exaggeration not to be taken literally.  It can also (and what I meant) be taken to mean exaggerated in rhetoric, i.e. with the intent to persuade.  See this definition which highlights both.

And posting offensive pictures and subjects on the internet, especially those not produced and gathered from the same?  At least unless there are other sources.  They were truly offensive, and teenagers should not be sexualized in that manner (but that's a matter for parenting to remove the source- not taking the they deserved it approach so often taken, but I've seen people [and dress] that just shouldn't have been out there- you sexualize yourself, and some perverts are not going to take it as this girl just doesn't know better, but do exactly what they did)., but do you have sources that he did worse?  Nothing in that article was anything other than a creepy old man seeking attention and power, not evil.

Did he do any more than what I said, or what was said in the article?

40hz:
-wraith808 (October 16, 2012, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's one of his:

Warning: Graphic, NSFW, VDA

http://metareddit.com/r/PicsOfDeadKids

Tinman57:
Here's one of his:

http://metareddit.com/r/PicsOfDeadKids-40hz (October 16, 2012, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's some sick shit.  The people that collect that kind of crap are really twisted....

wraith808:
-wraith808 (October 16, 2012, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's one of his:

http://metareddit.com/r/PicsOfDeadKids
-40hz (October 16, 2012, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very sick.  Very very sick.  And no, I wouldn't cross the street to piss on someone that did that if they were on fire.  But, no.  Still doesn't meet my definition of evil.  Just sick and twisted.

Now if he posted up stuff like that about things that he had done, or did any of that stuff to the kids, then yeah.  Or (and I read this recently about him) if what he said was true about what he did to his step-daughter, even if she was of 'legal age', then yeah.  But just reposting stuff that is around is sick and perverse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version