topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: In search of ... assistance with FlashGet downloadings ...  (Read 2154 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
In search of ... assistance with FlashGet downloadings ...
« on: October 13, 2012, 04:40 PM »
OK, folk, I've been, for all practical purposes, incommunicado for the last couple of weeks.  But I finally managed to escape my medical torturers, although my arms more resemble pincushions than motile effectors  :mad:.

During this period, something has happened, and I wot not what - mind, I'm not really what you'd call sharp right now.

I use FlashGet/FlashGot (Mozilla Firefox) as a download manager.  I use v1.9.6.1073 rather than a newer version because I like the reporting it avails.

But  :o.

Downloads now just sit in the application.  When I check the log, I'm informed that FlashGet is connecting to the relevant URL - but it never does.  Something has changed, and I wot not what - I think I said that? - although I remember, dimly, encountering this problem once before.  What I do not recall is the process, relatively simple if memory serves, that I utilized to correct it.  I'm still kinda foggy, y'know?

Firewall (Windows) seems OK, nothing out of the ordinary that I can recognize at the moment.  Anyone have an idea that my drug-befuddled mind cannot at the moment generate?

Addendum:  I am able to download by other means, so it's not a network issue, per se, but that doesn't give me the logging upon which I depend.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: In search of ... assistance with FlashGet downloadings ...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:06 PM »
It sounds like it can no longer identify a download manager.

1. Under advanced options check and see if the automatic download manager detection is enabled. If not, check it and hit the Detect Now button.

if that doesn't help then

2. Under options check downloads to be sure autostart is selected.

3. Under options also check to be sure you have a valid temporary directory selected. FlashGot needs to have access to scratch space in order to work correctly.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

(Also hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you've been through the mill. Yikes! :tellme:)