ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do Not Track

<< < (2/8) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I have nothing polite, constructive, or non-violent to say. Trying to argue with fools only proves that there are 2.
-Renegade (October 12, 2012, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

In other news, Mouser receives an offer to rebrand NANY as "New Ads for the New Year!"  ;D

But actually that would make an awesome NANY app if it were technically possible: determine how much bandwidth is coming from ads and report it as percentages of bandwidth caps etc!

Stoic Joker:
I have nothing polite, constructive, or non-violent to say. Trying to argue with fools only proves that there are 2.
-Renegade (October 12, 2012, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - However (from the comments on the article) I do thing this guy is on to something:
Kool - Ade

It's time to stop swallowing the politically correct B.S. and DROP KICK worthless parasites like the DMA right out of our lives !

The DMA obviously doesn't give a rat's patute about consumer privacy OR browser standards other than the methods used to butcher them.

Let product quality and service once again be the corporate by-words which lead to strong showings and healthy profits rather than a competition for browser display space and computer resources engineered by the scummiest of bottom feeders.

I say let's move directly to browsers capable of switching off advertisements (some form of java & flash filtering maybe) and subsequently Blacklist servers that allow engineered work-around software.

materva
11 October, 2012 02:03
--- End quote ---

40hz:

-----------------------------

Note: I couldn't help but notice something very interesting...

Uncle Sam can be seen as either leaning to the left-  or the right - depending on which side you're standing on...

How American! ;D :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
Well, let's all collectively say F*CK YOU! to the advertisement companies by using a mix of AdBlockPlus and Ghostery... see how they like that. And set a custom X-DONT-TRACK-SCREW-YOU HTTP header :)

40hz:
It gets worse although we shouldn't be surprised. Here's one of today's lead articles from OSNews:

Apple tracks iOS browsing behaviour by default
posted by Thom Holwerda on Fri 12th Oct 2012 11:35 UTC

Surprise, surprise - Apple, by default, tracks web browsing behaviour and location to better serve you ads. You have to specifically opt out of this tracking per individual iOS device that you own. Now we know why Apple has no problem with turning on 'Do Not Track' and not accepting tracking cookies by default: it has no effect on them whatsoever, because iOS 6 has its own independent user tracking mechanisms. Unlike what the Apple pundits claim, it's got nothing to do with respect for user privacy at all. Well paint me red and call me a girl scout: company selling ads tracks user behaviour. Shocker, huh?
--- End quote ---

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version