ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does the browser Opera suck?

<< < (6/8) > >>

mahesh2k:
I am using Opera Mini on Sony phone and their Turbo feature which is built in for Mini saves me plenty of bandwidth. I don't know why FF is not considering this option.

40hz:
No more than the alternatives IMO. But I tend to try to ignore the 'suckage' in the apps I use the most. So Opera (as my second choice) tends to get judged more severely by me than it's equally (but differently) flawed cousin FF.

This used to bug me a lot before I stopped hoping something would ever be the perfect (and only) browser for me. Now I just use what works better (there is no "best" IMO) for what I'm doing.

I tend to use Opera for the speed when participating in forums and similar venues ever since my old fav K-Meleon started having hassles with too many websites (mostly when linking out to things posted about in forums) for it to be worth it any more. I use FF for everything else.

One of these days I'll get around to trying a Webkit/Trident-based browser again to see if they offer any real improvements or advantages. But I'm not overly hopeful they will.

I'm guessing all bets will remain off until the chaff and dust surrounding HTML5/CSS3 settles down anyway.

Tuxman:
Bah. piracy!

Tinman57:
Does the browser Opera suck?
--- End quote ---
Yes.-Tuxman (October 13, 2012, 02:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very enthralling answer. Your deep insight has inspired me. Please, share more?-Josh (October 13, 2012, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I would like to interject with an equally exciting answer...

No. ;D-Renegade (October 14, 2012, 04:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can I throw a "Maybe" in there?   ;)

worstje:
Opera is pretty decent; I call it my main browser. Compared to the horrible snail that is IE (opening a tab simply takes waay too long, nevermind all the other jerky shit) and the update disaster / incompatibility train that is Firefox, I'm more than happy with this one. I use Chrome on my old laptop, but only because I don't care too much about my privacy with that one; I simply don't trust Chrome (or its 'clean' alternatives) with my daily browsing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version