I would leave Internet Explorer as many people blame it for security reasons. In fact in the last months I have been sometimes victim of redirections towards unwanted website.
Some days ago I began to use Opera with Ghostery and AdBlock. First of all I disabled the "Automatic Redirection". I was happy!
But I soon found out severe drawbacks.
1) when I click on a link, when I want to go in that website, Opera often
asks me the permission. That is just annoying and useless as my operation is not a redirection by an intruder website: it's a direct operation by the user, it's the will of the user.
It's still more deplorable when the destination address is similar to the starting address. For example, if I am in http://www.microsoft.com/x
and I want to go in http://www.microsoft.com/y
it's obvious it's not a redirection by an intruder website
2) if I choose certain websites from the address bar (like http://www.winpenpack.com
) Opera brings me to that website. It's right. But I see nothing. I see a white empty page
3) setting the fonts of the characters for the websites is a great confusion. I haven't found a help page
4) characters are badly readable as their stroke is very thin, thinner than the characters we usually see in all the other programs (note: the stroke is thin, while the height is normal)
5) from the address bar it's possible to see the list of the recent websites (just like in Internet Explorer). They are badly readable as they are pale blue on a white background. Besides I can't delete the useless ones
Is there a solution for those drawbacks? Or must I come back to the "dangerous" but relaxing Internet Explorer?