ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

RFID Tracking IDs in Schools - Non-compliance = Exclusion

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
Big Brother wants to know where your kids are. And if he doesn't know, well, then they just won't get to play.

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-school-id-hernandez-033/

A school district in Texas came under fire earlier this year when it announced that it would require students to wear microchip-embedded ID cards at all times. Now students who refuse to be monitored say they are feeling the repercussions.

Since October 1, students at John Jay High School and Anson Jones Middle School in San Antonia, Texas have been asked to attend class clasping onto photo ID cards equipped with radio-frequency identification chips to keep track of each and every pupil’s personal location. Educators insist that the endeavor is being rolled out in Texas to relax the rampant truancy rates devastating the state’s school and the subsequent funding they are failing to receive as a result, and pending the program’s success the RFID chips could soon come to 112 schools in all and affect nearly 100,000 students.

To Salon, Hernandez says subjecting herself to constant monitoring by way of wearing a RFID chip is comparable to clothing herself in the “mark of the beast.” When she reached out to WND.com to reveal the school’s response, though, she told them that she was threatened with exclusion from picking a homecoming king and queen for not adhering to the rules.

"I had a teacher tell me I would not be allowed to vote because I did not have the proper voter ID," Hernandez told WND. "I had my old student ID card which they originally told us would be good for the entire four years we were in school. He said I needed the new ID with the chip in order to vote."

--- End quote ---

Mark of the Beast indeed. Big Brother = 666?

Well, maybe not "Big Brother"...

But definitely "Bigg Brother":

:P

(For those that want to play with numerology, the program above is here, but the site is NSFW.)

Carol Haynes:
Local school here requires finger prints to use the lunch service (and they take both thumbs - just in case you lose one!).

Don't know about anyone else but if I lost a thumb I don't think my first thought would be 'how do I get my school lunch?' !!!

TaoPhoenix:
Local school here requires finger prints to use the lunch service (and they take both thumbs - just in case you lose one!).

Don't know about anyone else but if I lost a thumb I don't think my first thought would be 'how do I get my school lunch?' !!!
-Carol Haynes (October 10, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

See, these guys have forgotten what Bullies are. In twelve seconds I see Bully taking a kid's hands and slamming them on a stove, thus ruining his fingerprints forever. Bully gets "suspended". Kid gets in trouble with Authorities for the rest of his life.

Renegade:
-Carol Haynes (October 10, 2012, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

Lunch?

Well, considering how "pizza" and "ketchup" are vegetables in some schools now, I have a hard time seeing any compelling reason to let your kids eat a school lunch. Brown bagging it gets around that problem, and is bound to be healthier for the kid.

Carol Haynes:
Actually the lunches are good and reasonably healthy in UK schools these days after a protracted TV series pointed out how dreadful they were. Certainly the local school has good veg, salad and fruit based lunches with very limited access to junk food. Having said that finger printing an entire school - including staff ... what next - branding barcodes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version