ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New captcha system uses empathy to block bots (and sociopaths)

<< < (4/4)

Fred Nerd:
But who is 'dangerous'?
Some guy with a rifle, or someone with an iPhone? Again, I'd get it 'wrong'. (maybe I am a sociopath, but I'd rather trust someone who carried a rifle, than someone who was (normally) only interested in elitism)

So you'd have to make the definitions clearer which makes it easy for computers. Also, so a computer can tell a total of 5 people, and 5 different fields. That makes a total of 3125 options. Pretty good chances for a brute force attack.

BTW, I read the manifesto without knowing the background of it and only checked it out now. It put it in a different light. BUT doesn't diminish a lot of it. Except his advice on what to do about it.

So who controls 'the System'? Or is it self controlling and we're all slaves to it anyway?

The manifesto underestimates the effect of religion. And it takes it for granted that western society will remain with the same demographic. When the Muslims out breed white people in every part of the world, then it will halt the system, but probably not impose a better one.

app103:
The lower the score, the higher the risk of dealing with a sociopath, who would be expected to disagree with this.  ;)
-sword (October 10, 2012, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

But the point isn't to block sociopaths...only bots. The fact that the captcha deals with assumptions about how all humans should feel about something is one of its flaws. Sociopaths are human and shouldn't be blocked by a captcha, but this one could.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version