topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 6:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ghoster.ahk and Visual Studio 2010's IntelliSense  (Read 3812 times)

TuNumenEs

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ghoster.ahk and Visual Studio 2010's IntelliSense
« on: August 03, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Hi. This is such an old script, I'm not sure I'll get an answer; but, with Windows 7 and it's stupid inability to make the currently active window obviously stand out from the others, Ghoster.ahk is more relevant than ever for me.

However: I'm using Visual Studio (VS) 2010, and every time IntelliSense opens up, Ghoster ghosts VS; and, looking at the script itself, I can't figure out why it's doing this. I've added the recommended (at http://www.autohotke...amp;p=553450#p553450) change to the script to get the parent window id, but that didn't fix it.

There's also something else very strange going on. When IntelliSense opens up, the window in front of VS grabs the focus. The window, in this case, Firefox, is behind VS, but typing in VS and popping up IntelliSense brings Firefox in front of VS. If I minimize Firefox, it will no longer grab focus; but Ghoster still ghosts VS when IntelliSense opens. Don't know if it's the same problem, or two different problems.

Sorry to be so wordy. I'm tired of coding in a ghosted window, but I don't want to give up Ghoster. Any ideas? Thanks!