ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to force Firefox to allow redirection?

(1/1)

rjbull:
I'm using Firefox 15.0.1.  It doesn't automatically allow a page to redirect to another page, presumably as a security measure.  I use some forums, e.g. Notefrog, Fountain Pen Network, which use auto-redirection a lot.  Firefox's behaviour becomes annoying when, e.g., I do a search, open several new tabs from the search results, then find I have to specifically Allow each page to redirect.  I did a (very) quick Google, but only turned up similar mild complaints.

Please, is there any way to force Firefox to automatically allow redirections in specified domains?

daddydave:
Not sure what you mean. I am using Firefox 15.0 and it says Firefox is up to date. Did this start happening with 15.0.1?

If I type in froogle.com, it redirects to www.google.com/shopping.

Further, if I do a google search for
--- Code: Text ---site:notefrog.com inurl:forum and open several results in tabs, I see no issue with those pages, I don't get any security warning.

off topic800th post How to force Firefox to allow redirection?

Curt:
options:

rjbull:
Thanks, Curt!  I had to uncheck that box.  What I would like, though, is for default behaviour to be to warn about redirection, except on specified sites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version