ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox CPU usage

<< < (3/4) > >>

Deozaan:
I think it does send it to the hard drive but I haven't noticed any slowdown when restoring the window and I often have 7+ tabs going.

I also like to multitask, so I use up a lot of RAM by having lots of processes open. Anything that can reduce the RAM usage (especially while I'm not using it) is good in my book.

Carol Haynes:
I seem to generally have problems with browsers (both Firefox and Internet Explorer seem to be using large CPU counts).

I have jumped in and updated to Internet Explorer 7 beta as I thought this might sort out any IE installation issues. It works fine but it hasn't sorted the heavy CPU usage.

This is just when the apps are loading initally and displaying the home pages. Once they are working they are not SO bad but still higher than expected.

I have tried removing and reinstalling my network connections but that has made no difference.

I also tried creating a new Firefox profile. It was marginally better (but then I wasn't running with a lot of tabs and extensions) but not a huge improvement.

Anyone got any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

kimmchii:
you dont wanna hear this:

reinstall xp.  :'(

Carol Haynes:
You're right on both counts ...

anyone got a spare week

f0dder:
Btw, a thing that means high CPU usage in any web browser: flash. Flash is soooo badly programmed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version