ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

MAME

<< < (2/3) > >>

SQUIDMAN:
Thanks for the info, and picture of the game. I understand the copy right stuff, just seems that these roms aren't really being used except by old schoolers like me, or like when I take 2 UTUBE vids that aren't copyright protected and edit and put them together all the sudden multiple blah, blah, blah. Very strange stuff, doesn't look like anybody MAME's here. Was the Ataxx png from your hard drive? Don't or didn't know we could import these to our postes.  :greenclp:

TaoPhoenix:
Thanks for the info, and picture of the game. I understand the copy right stuff, just seems that these roms aren't really being used except by old schoolers like me, or like when I take 2 UTUBE vids that aren't copyright protected and edit and put them together all the sudden multiple blah, blah, blah. Very strange stuff, doesn't look like anybody MAME's here. Was the Ataxx png from your hard drive? Don't or didn't know we could import these to our postes. 
-SQUIDMAN (October 07, 2012, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Obligatory mean Copyright of Borg post: "Who uses the roms is irrelevant." That's yet another reason why I'm sad at the recent push towards strict IP. You might have been right like 10 years ago under the old "Abandonware honor code" where game companies sometimes posted notices of intent not to sue if you played their old games without a particular intent to sell anything.

Heh - no, I actually have the MAME copy of Ataxx! It's my one and only MAME game : ) That was a picture of a real game I played earlier. The picture came from ... wait for it ... ScreenShot Captor!  8)

But yeah, you can post a picture into a post. (However, I can only seem to do it right when I modify a post, additional controls come up that weren't there before. If I get around to it on the Forum Info section, I'll ask Mouser if that can be tweaked.)

SQUIDMAN:
This is a test to see if I can add a attachment, that will show, I think there are around 10-20
roms that have been released, no stings attached. Looked at the bottom of reply post saw this link for doing attachments.  Can't see my att. in preview, so not sure if it worked, tried a jpg file.
here's link:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1996.0

Modified Sorry the jpg not meant to offend you or directed at you in anyway! :-[
didn't realize I couldn't delete it, had no silly cat or cute dog pictures! Again Sorry!

mouser:
didn't realize I couldn't delete it,
--- End quote ---

you can delete a file attached to a post; just edit the post and uncheck the checkbox for it.

SQUIDMAN:
Thanks mouser DIDN'T mean to offend anyone :Thmbsup:
Will be more careful in future!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version