ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Even Paul Allen is a little confused by Windows 8, but it gets better

<< < (3/4) > >>

mahesh2k:
It's another age of UI  in my opinion. We have to get used to new UI from various OS makers. Typical taskbar, menu used to be productive way back but now there are some new UI changes which are hard to adopt but does make you more productive on tablet or similar other modern hardwares. There's nothing we can do other than adapting to this change. I wonder if stardock and similar companies going to cash in on these changes for the folks who don't like such changes or don't want such UI.

Stoic Joker:
It's an operating system...not the newest installment of a video game-40hz (October 05, 2012, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

:huh: What you mean OS not a video game?? It best game of all! Users at work love to play it...and when they lose, they come to me to put their data back (because evil Trojan man "stole it"). Then they start new game. :D

But seriously, the laptop in question sits by my chair in the living room so it's handy for any quick mentioned on TV lookups (e.g. when I'm most likely to be in brain dead end luser mode). And for the quick in-and-out stuff the new UI works just fine. I actually rather like it.

40hz:
There's nothing we can do other than adapting to this change.
-mahesh2k (October 05, 2012, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Disagree. ;D

Microsoft is not the entire world. And I was never one to willingly accept that somebody gets to make all the rules just because they happen to own a bat and ball.

What you mean OS not a video game??
-Stoic Joker (October 05, 2012, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. But Excel is. It's probably the deadliest, most high stakes game of all considering the number of real people's livelihoods, and companies with investment prospects, all hanging on somebody 'playing with numbers' on a spreadsheet these days.
 ;)

tomos:
I think it's a great idea -in theory at any rate-
one OS that will work for desktop and/or tablet.

From what people say, they're just getting bogged down on a few details that MS are either to stubborn (or...) to change.

But then I havent used it yet.

mahesh2k:
Microsoft is not the entire world. And I was never one to willingly accept that somebody gets to make all the rules just because they happen to own a bat and ball.
--- End quote ---
Yes, but when we're using windows, we play by their rules. And due to desktopshare, we played by their rules for quite some time now. Sure we have other options but not when we are working for windows specific customer. We have no choice than keeping one box running with it and accept the change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version