topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ode to the SC Popup Dialogue + Request  (Read 2967 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ode to the SC Popup Dialogue + Request
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:13 AM »
Mouser spoke about the post capture pop-up dialogue recently as something more for beginners. I find it gives great flexibility myself - if I'm doing a batch of screenshots, I'll change the 'after capture' setting at the bottom of the dialogue to [stay minimised in tray] and choose whatever action I want for the following captures, (usually [Keep image and hide]). Afterwards I'll enable the popup dialogue again *if I remember* - as I dont know what I'll want to do with the next screenshot (often I'll just want to copy the filepath to the clipboard).

The weaklink in that workflow is re-enabling the popup which has to be done in preferences AFAICS**

An easier way to re-enable the pop-up would be very helpful for working this way.
I had been thinking of a hotkey to toggle it, but that might be problematic (is it on or off, with what settings, etc). Maybe an option to enable via systray right-click would be the best (& easiest?) way.
Even an option to disable via menu might be problematic - again, with what settings? Unless last used settings are remembered - the danger there being if [Discard] was the last option used...

**Edit
see mouser's screenshot below showing systtray menu option.
I thought it was a toggle option, but it isn't. You have to choose one of the other options (Hide/Show main form) to disable the popup. I was a bit confused by the use of the word 'Form' for the main window, but I figured it out ;-)
Tom
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:40 AM by tomos »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ode to the SC Popup Dialogue + Request
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Thank you for the thoughtful post.

The weaklink in that workflow is re-enabling the popup which has to be done in preferences AFAICS.

Not true, you can change this from the system tray:
Screenshot - 10_4_2012 , 8_23_33 AM.png

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ode to the SC Popup Dialogue + Request
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:29 AM »
Not true, you can change this from the system tray:

Great, I missed it !

So, we'll just leave is as an ode without request then :Thmbsup: