ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

This program should be avoided like the plague!

<< < (8/8)

mouser:
you could pop up a dialog to ask the user how he would like it handled.
--- End quote ---

yeah i like that idea a lot.  before the first time, and the first time after you change screenshot directories, it should pop up a dialog telling you what it proposes to do, can you can say yes or no.  that's how i should have done it in the first place.

ewemoa:
This sounds reasonable  :up:

SQUIDMAN:
I don't agree that you shouldn't scream at people, had an accident in Italy once, the lady passenger of the other car got out, not a pound under 275, screaming at me and walking my
way, I went HULK on her ass yelling and walking straight for her. She took about one tenth of a second to turn around get back in the car. I turned to her husband, smiled and kinda waved and he just waved back and we quietly waited for the police to come. On the other hand, if I want help from someone (I will scream in my head you DMFer) until I know I wouldn't
get any help, or find out the problem was caused by me. "screaming can't help alleviate the pain and but does help to distract me from it"  :wallbash:
At work it's more fun to go DR Evil on someone, calm and quite just before you tell them, you'd be more then happy to tell them why they are completely freak-en WRONG. :D

app103:
While I have been guilty of "throwing sand" myself, from time to time, and a bit more frequently over the last year, this still holds true:

Yes, it does feel good to scream at people, and it can be kind of therapeutic to the screamer, but if you don't put forth the effort to control outbursts like that, they become more frequent, they become habit, and then you are perceived as an angry bitter person about everything...even when you are trying to be nice.

Had a boss once that was like that, made us all shake in our shoes with how he was always screaming at us. And he couldn't stop, even when trying to give a small child a free donut. He ended up scaring the poor kid when he started shaking it at him and screaming "Here, take it, take it, TAAAAKE IT!!"

That's not a good way to communicate with people.

Now I don't know the original poster, don't know if he is "always angry" like my old boss, but I am willing to always give someone the benefit of the doubt and assume it is an isolated angry incident and that it is out of character for them, and instead of taking offense, just try to "remove the sand from the machine". And I believe mouser is pretty much the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version