ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to prevent browser tab clutter for Firefox and Chrome?

<< < (2/6) > >>

f0dder:
-IainB (October 03, 2012, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have used that but it inexplicably seems to get wiped of the tabs in the groups, so I can't rely on it.
[/quote]If you have multiple firefox *windows*, you need to make sure the one with your groups is the last one you close, since the built in session thingy only saves the session for the last closed FF windows.

This is definitely not optimal, and has bitten me a couple of times, but I've kinda gotten used to it :)

Deozaan:
For Chrome, there's Too Many Tabs.

brotherS:
Wow, thanks guys - lots to read! :-)

I've tried Too Many Tabs for Chrome, but currently I prefer to use Firefox because it has an option to only load a tab when you click onto it - so the browser has to load way less tabs when you reopen it (with tons of tabs saved from the last session).

Tab groups in firefox - Ctrl+Shift+E.
-f0dder (October 03, 2012, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Haha, I once hit that accidentally and thought I broke something!  :D Not really self-explanatory, but since you brought it up I found http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tab-groups-organize-tabs - the video there explains it quite nicely.  :Thmbsup:

I have used that but it inexplicably seems to get wiped of the tabs in the groups, so I can't rely on it.
-IainB (October 03, 2012, 10:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
If you have multiple firefox *windows*, you need to make sure the one with your groups is the last one you close, since the built in session thingy only saves the session for the last closed FF windows.

This is definitely not optimal, and has bitten me a couple of times, but I've kinda gotten used to it :)
-f0dder (October 03, 2012, 10:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

How does it behave when you kill the whole programm with something like Sysinternals Process Explorer? Firefox (like Chrome) is very good at auto-saving all tabs when you 'close' it like that, but does that apply to Tab Groups too?

omnray:
For Chrome, there's Too Many Tabs.
-Deozaan (October 03, 2012, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

For Chrome there is something MUCH better:

Tabs Outliner
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tabs-outliner/eggkanocgddhmamlbiijnphhppkpkmkl

app103:
Well, I haven't figured out how to keep 150 tabs from slowing everything down, but I do prefer them in multi-row, with a little scrollbar on the side. I use Tab Mix Plus for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version