topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 7:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: find the sound file of this website  (Read 3747 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
find the sound file of this website
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:39 PM »
hello!

can anyone find the sound file of this website?
http://moscowclassic.com/

thanks!

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: find the sound file of this website
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:49 PM »
I think it's Pink Floyd... 

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Kunkel is correct. The song is Time from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album. :)

I personally think the 1974 Live at Wembly performance was the best version if you think of it more as a rock song. I'm not sure which version Moscow Classic is using. The fast double beat you hear on the opening heartbeat/clock isn't in any version I'm familiar with - although being a radio station (preumably with a sound studio) they could have redone and added that part themselves when they edited out about two and a half minutes of the intro.
 8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:26 PM by 40hz »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:39 AM »
the requested MP3 file:

* podklad.zip (1429.76 kB - downloaded 188 times.)

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:42 AM »
That's funny, my brain was telling me 'Hey You.'
http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=ndYEdGd8Gs4

But it is, in fact, Time
http://www.youtube.c.../watch?v=z67FsTNpexg
Which makes more sense given the content of the site.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:19 PM »
At first I thought it was Pink Floyd, as they did do the original song, but then I thought it was possible that this is a very good cover. Without hearing the vocals that were cut from the version used on Moscow Classic, I can't really tell.

Thought it could be Shadow Gallery's cover, for a minute, but the heartbeat/clock sound isn't quite the same as theirs.

I am still thinking it could be a cover, but there are so many covers that I couldn't tell you which one, especially since I have no vocals to work with.

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 04:52 PM »
At first I thought it was Pink Floyd, as they did do the original song, but then I thought it was possible that this is a very good cover. Without hearing the vocals that were cut from the version used on Moscow Classic, I can't really tell.

Thought it could be Shadow Gallery's cover, for a minute, but the heartbeat/clock sound isn't quite the same as theirs.

I am still thinking it could be a cover, but there are so many covers that I couldn't tell you which one, especially since I have no vocals to work with.

I have that Dark Side of the Moon CD and album (old album).  Anyhow, it's not the original Pink Floyd version, some kind of remake unless they sped up the song, it's a little faster on the clock effect than the original, plus some of the instruments sounds synthesized.

I do love that CD though, listen to it when I get all nostolgic....  "Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day."  Can't tell you how many times I partied to that album back in the day...

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:49 PM »

It's definitely not Floyd themselves unless I'm very mistaken. I checked YouTube for various Gilmour and Waters versions plus some of the 'tribute' stage bands (Aussies most likely). But I couldn't find an exact match. That double-time on the opening beat (didda-didda) is unique AFAICT.

I guess somebody could always just ask them... ;D (But where's the fun in that?)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 02:38 AM »
That double-time on the opening beat (didda-didda) is unique AFAICT.

That's pretty much all we have to work with to identify the exact version.

I guess somebody could always just ask them... ;D (But where's the fun in that?)

That would be cheating.  ;D