ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: right-click audio file bit rate info

(1/3) > >>

spacedad:
can't remember which app,but before i got win7 i used to be able to right-click and see audio file bit rate details.
now the details aren't much use,you don't even get proper sample rate detail.
would this be do-able?
cheers,
gary.

IainB:
In Windows 7-64:
Right-click file for file Properties. The bitrate is shown in there.
You can also set Windows Explorer to file Details view, then add a column for Bitrate, so you can see the bitrate for every file, right there in the Windows Explorer window. (That's what I usually do when viewing my mp3/music folder.)

spacedad:
thanks for your reply iain,
i know about the right-click details,but they only show kbps,which i'm not sure i know what that is?(each file seems to be different?)
 what i would find more useful is the bit rate: 8/16/24 or 32bit,also the sample rate 44100k/48000k etc.
most wave players/samplers will only play certain files eg: 16 or 24 bit,some may support 32 or more,but it would be useful to be able to check without loading into a wave editor first.
also some music apps only operate at 44100k so will play files of 48000 or larger incorrectly,again,the only way to find out is load them into a wave editor.

a few years ago i had an app which allowed rick-click but i can't remember what it is.

IainB:
$spacedad: Sorry, I think I misinterpreted what it was you were asking about.
I confess to being stumped.
All I can find is the Alt+F3 hotkey in Winamp, and the file Properties in Windows Explorer

Other audio players will presumably have similar to Winamp.
After much googling, I haven't yet found any reference to an app that gives you a shell right-click in Windows Explorer and shows the sampling rate.

Renegade:
You can get this info in the Details view by adding in the appropriate columns. Just right-click on the columns and add it.

Also, in the info section at the bottom of Windows Explorer, simply click on the file and it should appear there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version