topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 11:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Shooting Handgun Underwater - "Tactical Flowers"  (Read 5030 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Shooting Handgun Underwater - "Tactical Flowers"
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:13 AM »
This is pretty nifty:

http://www.dailymail...dgun-UNDERWATER.html

article-2210560-1545065A000005DC-892_634x398.jpgShooting Handgun Underwater - "Tactical Flowers"

And then he makes these:

article-2210560-15450662000005DC-284_634x421.jpgShooting Handgun Underwater - "Tactical Flowers"

Anyways, I figure both the artists and gun enthusiasts here will both appreciate it. :)

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shooting Handgun Underwater - "Tactical Flowers"
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 06:43 AM »
That can't possibly be good for the gun. I'll be keeping mine out of the pool...but thanks for sharing.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 06:52 AM »
That can't possibly be good for the gun. I'll be keeping mine out of the pool...but thanks for sharing.

Probably. But if I understand correctly, it's probably much more a job for an AK-47. :D
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54 PM »
This is pretty nifty:

He must load his own rounds with reduced powder, otherwise the overpressure from the water in the barrel would cause the barrel to explode.  Like with my AR15 and other guns all have a warning to completely wipe away gun oil from the chamber and barrel to prevent overpressure resulting in explosions.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:29 AM »
He must load his own rounds with reduced powder, otherwise the overpressure from the water in the barrel would cause the barrel to explode.

The shorter barrel on a pistol would mitigate that some...but yeah, I'd be inclined to at least hope he would go that route. Otherwise with the repeated excessive stress placed on the chamber failure is definitely an option.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12 AM »
Probably. But if I understand correctly, it's probably much more a job for an AK-47. :D
Yeah. Always bring an AK-47 to pool parties!
- carpe noctem

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 07:41 AM »

Yup. I have a little list. They won't be missed.  :Thmbsup: ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum:

Just thinking out loud...once you're done with the 'marketing' video - why bother using a real gun at all? Just suspend the cartridge most of the way into the water and electrically fire it. Or fire it through just a rifled barrel the same way if it needs spin to get the proper effect. The barrel is already flooded using a real gun anyway. Rig up a floating block of some sort, load up ten shells at a time, and voila!...you have an assembly line going. :huh:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:55 AM by 40hz »

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Yup. I have a little list. They won't be missed.  :Thmbsup: ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Addendum:

Just thinking out loud...once you're done with the 'marketing' video - why bother using a real gun at all? Just suspend the cartridge most of the way into the water and electrically fire it. Or fire it through just a rifled barrel the same way if it needs spin to get the proper effect. The barrel is already flooded using a real gun anyway. Rig up a floating block of some sort, load up ten shells at a time, and voila!...you have an assembly line going. :huh:

A cartridge fired outside of a barrel results in the casing exploding like a grenade, and the bullet just falls straight down.  Throw a bullet in a fire and the casing is what's going to get you, not the bullet....