ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (193/200) > >>

Arizona Hot:

MobileMiner - Cryptocurrency mining on iPhone!

With all that I have read about mining being a hardware-intensive operation, does this belong in Silly Humor?

Arizona Hot:

If You Own Bitcoin, Here's How Much You Owe In Taxes

IainB:
Clever.

mouser:
Beyond the Bitcoin Bubble: Long article on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and the core ideas that might be useful

Longish article on blockchain and cryptocurrency recommended by Kevin Kelly:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/magazine/beyond-the-bitcoin-bubble.html

History is replete with stories of new technologies whose initial applications end up having little to do with their eventual use. All the focus on Bitcoin as a payment system may similarly prove to be a distraction, a technological red herring. Nakamoto pitched Bitcoin as a “peer-to-peer electronic-cash system” in the initial manifesto, but at its heart, the innovation he (or she or they) was proposing had a more general structure, with two key features...For our purposes, forget everything else about the Bitcoin frenzy, and just keep these two things in mind: What Nakamoto ushered into the world was a way of agreeing on the contents of a database without anyone being “in charge” of the database, and a way of compensating people for helping make that database more valuable, without those people being on an official payroll or owning shares in a corporate entity. Together, those two ideas solved the distributed-database problem and the funding problem.
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Beyond the Bitcoin Bubble: Long article on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency and the core ideas that might be useful
-mouser (February 11, 2018, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've been really excited about the potential future that could be brought about by Ethereum (or something like it) since I really looked into it around the Spring/Summer of 2016. Especially in combination with something like IPFS, which I posted about here in October 2015, and Protocol Labs' more recent development into Filecoin.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only person excited by such prospects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version