ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Does anyone here use Bitcoins?

<< < (190/200) > >>

tomos:
^ thanks for that post Deozaan.
It's odd how it's been increasing so much in price in the last while. I've always been hoping that something really creative was happening, or going to happen, with Bitcoin. Seems to me like it might 'simply' be people-relations that are getting in the way of that.

wraith808:
I still disagree with your assertion and that you quoted enough context, but I do get what you meant a bit more.

I think a lot of it depends on your personal reasons for using Bitcoin, your tolerance for paying for Bitcoins success, and how much you think Bitcoins success should be organuc. Deo, you seem to be on the side that this should be a currency to take a large chunk out of the use of fiat. Renegade seems to be on the side of making money. Unless there is a way to lump the transactions together so there is no chance of volatility entering into the transaction, youre taking a chance that by the time you replace your Bitcoins you've lost money or given the receiver not just tge amount owed, but a windfall.

Arizona Hot:
Conclusion
Crypto currencies, with bitcoin and ether leading the pack, have succeeded in financial markets by attracting investors, and in the public discourse by garnering attention, but they have not succeeded (yet) as currencies. I believe that there will be one or more digital currencies competing with fiat currencies for transactions, sooner rather than later, but I am hard pressed to find a winner on the current list, right now, but that could change if the proponents and designers of one of the currencies starts thinking less about it as a speculative asset and more as a transaction medium, and acting accordingly. If that does not happen, we will have to wait for a fresh entrant and the most enduring part of this phase in markets may be the block chain and not the currencies themselves.
--- End quote ---

The Crypto Currency Debate: Future of Money or Speculative Hype?

Stoic Joker:
Christ my luck is shit these days... Just found out that the Multibit BTC wallet has been killed off - And my current Multibit wallet has become seriously unstable. So...

With the need for importing/exporting private keys and such...(BCH stuff)...what is a good Windows desktop wallet to use these days??

Deozaan:
If you're going for BCH, then I had success claiming my BCH after the split with the Electron Cash Wallet.

If you're wanting a software wallet which supports both BTC and BCH then... I don't have an answer for you. I recently got a hardware wallet which supports both BTC and BCH, so that's what I've been using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version